• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RedBlade - New Member Here ... !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello there!

Im RedBlade. Im new to this forum, so I dont know how to ... move around. Its much different from the other forums ive been on. Anyway, ill tell you what I know about Warcraft, so that you dont think that im an useless ... spammer.

Warcraft : Game

I know how to play many maps. Im half-pro in DotA, good in Footmen Frenzy, Enfo,X Hero Siege and ... maaaany more (+ TD's)
I know how to host, even if noone can enter becouse of an uknown problem.
I play a lot on b.net these last weeks.

Warcraft : Editor

I know a very big bunch of things in the Editor. I use both the basic World Editor and the WE Unlimited. In general, i know so far :

- Creating good looking maps and generally well designed.
- Changing model skins
- Creating icons
- Creating Gif's (animated)
- I know maaaany triggers
- Triggered abilities, units and items

This is what i know about Warcraft III. About the rest of my life, well, im only 14 years old, i still got a whole life to live :)
Thnx for reading.

Level 17
Hi there RedBlade, enjoy your stay here! Maybe you should post some of your skills around!

Make a few icons and show them off here!
Make a skins and show it off here!
Make a few triggers using trigger tags here!
Show of you GIF's here!
Make a map and upload it here!

If you get told of for posting in the wrong place ie. GIF's in the art section, PM me and I'll explain to the moderator!

Level 4
Agreed, yes you post in wrong section... Move it to the introduction :wink:

Welcome to Hive, becareful of your post if there's either Mini-Me, Chriz or Dr.Super Good... Wrong post shall make them kick you

Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

Since you are new, let me move this thread to our introductions forum, that way ALL the Hive will know that you are our newest friend and can try to help.

Now that THAT's done:

Welcome RedBlade.

The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders (map and resource editors) of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:
Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.

• A few other tips that might help too:

• Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:

• When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.

• Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.

• If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help out.

Level 32
The trigger tags are an advanced feature available in our vBuelletin editor panel:

folder.gif

This FAQ shows how the tags are best used.

Level 4
And you even wrong like life>like (if you write set life of triggering unit to...) will writen as set like in unit trigger icon, Hive has a really good system of tag

The example above are posted by wolverabid, try seek it

Level 26
when you say no one joins the games you host, do you, by any chance, have a linksys router? if so, i experienced the same problem, but i know how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.