• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recruiting AI programmer for Scarlet Crusade Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hi all. I'm here because I need some help from a kind person. I'm the author of "Scarlet Crusade: The Finest Hour." It's a map I'm really proud of, but the one thing I've never been happy with is the lack of enemy AI. I can't do AI for shit, and it would be great if someone would help up setting up AI for the enemy factions I made.

Basically, the things I want from the enemy AI are:

- It shouldn't be too easy or too hard. About the same kind of challenge provided by the vanilla campaign on normal mode. Small groups should attack the player's buildings and keep them on their toes while they try to infiltrate the city and kill the bosses.

- No hero units should join in on attacks. Heroes are bosses in this map, and need to stay within the city limits.

- The AI should make liberal use of the many new custom units in the map, especially the skeleton army. Really get creative and think outside of the box.

I've never really recruited anyone to collab on a map with me and I'm sorry if I'm being rude or asking the wrong way, but there are a lot of people who really enjoy this map and I put a lot of love into it, and I really want to see it finally be the very best it can be.

Attachments

• SCTheFinestHour.w3x
    6.6 MB · Views: 77
Level 18
I should also mention that I'm open to any changes you may need to make or liberties you need to take to make the AI jive properly with the rest of the map. We'll discuss it during development.

Status
Not open for further replies.