• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rawr, i have Cometh!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
RAWR!!!! Hello everyone, well my name is Cody but in game i am almost ALWAYS known as Violat3r or some variation of it. I play Frozen Throne Bnet in US West (from Cali) and i originally started playing it around 3+ years ago. Total actual time playing....probably around 1 1/2 years, i kinda stopped playing for nearly a year then came back again. When i first started playing i got really into B-Ships and TD's. I was invited into a b-ships playing clan known as AOD. But then.............WoW came out.....lol.......when that happened the clan pretty much fell apart as most of its members started playing that and almost nothing else. Due to that i hated WoW for the longest time, it pretty much destroyed online Bnet, fortunately lots of you dont like paying for it so bnet is still alive an kicking. Although i fell into the great abyss of WoW a month and a half ago lol but i crawled back out and return occasionally (SUCCESS!!! lol). Anyhoo playing WoW got me reeeeeally back into the original single player game and i played that and nothing else for about a week and a half until i beat it completely and totally (including the Founding of Durotar RPG extra). Then i came back and started working a little with the WE and am currently working on a Maul that im hoping i'll have finished by around either the beginning or middle of July. I LOOOOOVE mauls, and b-ships, and the original Green TD's (the newer ones pretty much annoy the hell outta me now lol). I cant really host cause my router will only allow 1 access point setup that we've finally been able to get working and i let my brother have it cause he plays more then i do lol. Anyway......Thanx for listening and i look forward to finishing my map and seeing what yall think of it. I actually took the original map from an old unprotected Wintermaul and am completely rebuilding it for my design, as i am new i decided i needed a real access point for reference so working with a complete map, then reverse engineering it and rebuilding it has allowed me to learn quickly and get things done quickly. I'm mostly done with the map design and look, what im mainly working on now are getting everything i need in the triggers to work the way i need them and get all the buildings and enemies working. Looking forward to gettin it done and helpin out anyone who needs it. Peace :infl_thumbs_up:
Any questions at all? feel free to ask anything!
p.s. My in game name is Violat3r.bsm in US West (GO SHIPS!!! lol)

Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

Welcome Violat3r. We look forward to seeing the results of your map editing efforts. Our Map Development forum is an excellent place to show off your work, brainstorm ideas, and get feedback from the community.

The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders (map and resource editors) of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

But, a word of advice, don't make posts all in one color. People get really pissed when poeple do that.

That rule is gone, apparently, so it doesn't really matter.

Level 3
Lol thank you all for your kind words, sorry about the text thing but i dont ever have a problem reading it but if i do write long texts ill try to remember to keep it default. I use green cause its not only my fav color but its just kinda my thing and after a 2 years of writing in green in forums its kinda become a habit lol. But ill try to remember, Thanx again ~ Peace................Vio.

Level 3
lol yea i suppose it can be, hell i was banned for like a week on the Cyanide and Happiness forums for using green text, even though no where is it stated that color changing isnt allowed, but w/e lol.:infl_thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.