• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Raptor

Give credit if you use this in your map.

Please DO NOT distribute or modify this resource without permission.

Keywords:
velociraptor, mongoliensis, raptor, dinosaur
Contents

Velociraptor (Model)

Level 8
he says it has some new animations or addad animations plus i think it looks a little different (the model) i love dinos and vel is one of my favorites but i think you should purhaps make another one and add the hair spines like they become near the end of the jurassic period that would make it look even better. i like your skins olofmoleman but please dont take offence when i reskin it, i just love to skin this model and try out some textures and patterns for it. i dont think i will be uploading it in skin section once its done as i already have one dino skin there and i was planning on doing something else with them all but i will let you know more when i have made my desision. good job.
ps i have a request if possible, could you get someone to make a spinasaurus and maybe a dilaphasaurus

Level 5
This is your best and most accurate dinosaur model yet! Now, if you could just get someone to do a Jurassic Park style skin for it...

Level 8
i didn't want to freehand over yours mole wich is why i kept yours in tact while i addad what i wanted over it and then blend it in. i wanted to add some skin like textures too it wich i did. i did a freehand on the skin for the cyborg dino wich i made into a wallpaper wich is in the skin section. we need a whole group of dinosaurs then we can have a dinosaur like map wich would be so cool. 8) :lol:

Level 25
Hey, I want in on this dino idea as well <_<

Ever read the book "Raptor Red"? Its a book about a Utahraptor... I'd LOVE a skin of that. Sure the Walking with Dinosaurs Utahraptor is ok, but the one with the brown skin and the red markings is the pwn

Anywho, quite nice

Answer to Wraithbringer15: No, the mouth isn't a bit too shin, this is what the Velociraptor really looked like. that picture you have there is a Utahraptor, lived in the cretaceous period in Utah and was about 5m long, the Velociraptor however lived in in the late cretaceous period in mongolia and was about 2m long.

Answer to Darkcurse: I made the velociraptor this pale because it lived in the dessert, so it would blend in.

Level 3
Wow this is really cool and the filesize is great aswell.

ps. awww the feathery version is cute, wonder if i can geneticaly grow one ofr a pet...hmmm

Level 5
-Good job. I wish I could see the teeth from the screenshot though. Oh well, they're not a raptor's primary weapons anyway. As a side note, there should be more dinosaur models on this site.
-"Ever read the book "Raptor Red"? Its a book about a Utahraptor... I'd LOVE a skin of that. Sure the Walking with Dinosaurs Utahraptor is ok, but the one with the brown skin and the red markings is the pwn"
I have. I think the markings should be based on team color since there were yellow ones as well.

Level 8
the dinosaurs changed with there surroundings, vels had scales then they slow evolved hard to beleive they grew feathers if they started off with scales but hey! evolution is a mystery to me. i imagin the vel would be different in each country as animals today or. i've seen Utahraptor or as i call him ultraraptor because thats what he was, he was bigger smarter and very agressive. i would like a featherd version but i dont think it should be that feather like in the picture but rather have feathers down its back almost like spines.

Level 3
wraithbringer not all raptors had feathers there was different species of the velociraptor depending on their invirment and the color of it,like different species had different skin color for camoflauge

Level 2
GRRR! where do i put Velocraptor.BLP?!?!?! cause the Units\Velociraptor.BLP path is not working for me!