• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Random Hero Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
i have been trying to do this trigger for the longest and i just can't seem to get it right :cry:

does anyone know how to make a random hero trigger by making a random hero seletion from the tavern much like the one from hato's footman frenzy? if you can help me id really appricate it

Rui

Rui

Level 41
First off, you have to create two variables and a dummy unit.

Hero = Unit-Type Variable (select array and put 20)
HeroNumbers = Integer (set initial value to 20)
Dummy = Nothing special. Just create a wisp (for example) with no shadow and incredibly small, so that it's undetectable. It doesn't play much in these triggers anyway.

Now, let's make the triggers. You require two triggers in the next step.

Events:
Map Initializion

Conditions:
(None or you'll have to choose)

Actions:
Set Variable: Set Hero(1) to Archmage
Set Variable: Set Hero(2) to Paladin
Set Variable: Set Hero(3) to Mountain King

Trigger 2:
Events:
Generic Unit Event: A unit Sells a unit

Conditions:
Unit-Type Comparison: (Unit-Type of (Sold Unit)) Equal to Random Hero

Actions:
Create Units Facing Angle: Create 1 Hero[(Random integer between 1 and HeroNumbers)] for (Owner of (Sold Unit)) at Location
Unit - Remove: Remove (Sold Unit) from the game.

Etc. If you need more or less than 20 heroes, you can always change the array of Hero and the initial value of HeroNumbers to other value.
Good luck and have fun :wink:

Level 1
Rui said:
Actions:
Set Variable: Set Hero(1) to Archmage
Set Variable: Set Hero(2) to Paladin
Set Variable: Set Hero(3) to Mountain King

How do you set a variable to the hero?
it only lets me pick a hero if its on the map
and i dont want that

Level 5
No, when you get a variable set up with "Unit-Type" and set it up with array checked. Name it "hero".. the variable name is hero.

Then in trigger, you set up in Initalization event.

Action:

Set Variable = Value

On Variable, click that, you will have "hero" in it, pick it, then it has number in bracket, start off with 0 as first in list.

on Value, it give you unit-type list, you know screen with peasant, footman, knight, etc... thats where you choose hero into variable's array.

Status
Not open for further replies.