• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Random Hero Survival Beta 0.50a

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hero Random Defense

Hi all on the Hive.
I am a beginner mapper, an this is my first Wc3 map.

Basically you have a hero and you have to resist to unlimited waves of randomly-choosen creeps.

The point of the game is basically to surpass the current highscore. If you can do so, please send the Replay at [email protected] and in the first new version you will replace the ones wich scored the previous highscore in the Hall of Fame, in the right corner of the map.

That's pratically all. I ask you to be kind, this is my first map after all.

What in the next version:
1. Whole set of custom heroes
2. More player slots
3. Custom items
4. Leaderboard

I'm working all alone so it will take at least one\one and half week.. Hope you like it!

Keywords:
Heroes, Random, Generating system, survival, resist, defense, hero, warcraft, nagaisimba,
Contents

Random Hero Survival Beta 0.50a (Map)

Reviews
10:46, 28th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected Comment
Level 3
This is probably the most average map I've ever seen. Now this isn't a bad thing I just feel that its lacking uniqueness.

Information: Hero survival map

Pros: works, different creatures in different waves, shop, punchable tiny alter.

Cons: shop lacks items, no unique heroes, terrain is lacking, nothing that really makes your game stand out in its field, small (feels cramped with multiple players).

Additional review information: I liked the alter idea it makes the players focus on other objectives other than survival. Now the players must buy the item in order to revive themselves. I thought the shop was a little far away and the map feels really small. Terrain isn't awful just boring but that also has to deal with the size of the map. This map isn't good but it isn't bad, its just average, you can find ten other maps similar to this one.

2/5 Vote for Approval

Level 22
Review by Ironside
----------------------

Positive features:

- Acceptable terrain

Negative features:

- Lacks more heroes & items
- Make it able to skip the cinematic
- No quest menu
- You should add a leaderbaord / multiboard
- The map is just fighting, needs something more unique
- Needs custom spells, it's too boring this way

Additional Information / Conclusion:

The map needs a lot of work in order to be approved.

Rating: 1.5/5
Vote for:
Rejected