• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Random Hero Selection Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I made this 1 way to do it that i thought worked that even made a tut. of it. To my surprise, i realized it was only randomizing heroes closest to the random hero thing. (Circles of power hero selection im using) this was my tutorial. tell me how to do this the right way or what i did rong:

This is very very easy, but before I tell you, you must have your circle of power heroes set up already. Dont no how to do this, then go to here: http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showt...s#CoP Heroes . Any way, what you must do first is turn ALL of your circles of power NEUTERAL HOSTILE not NEUTERAL PASSIVE, which is what your heroes should be. Afterwards, make a new circle of power NEUTERAL HOSTILE. Go to object editor, a make a basic unit's model file a Secret Level Power Up (in item models). GET RID OF THE UNIT"S ATTACKS. Change the name to: Random Hero. I would suggect a peasent. Now, put that ? in the new circle of power. Go to Region Editor and make a new one surrounding the whole area of your hero selections. Then go to trigger editor. It should look like this:

Events
Unit - A unit comes within 100.00 of Random Hero 0055 <gen>
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Hero Selector
Actions
Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Random unit from (Units in Region 009 <gen> owned by Neutral Passive))) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of (Playable map area)) over 1.00 seconds

and there ya go. Region 009 <gen> is the region i created around the heroes. There are much more efficient ways to do this, but this is the easiest without making a variable for every hero and stuff.

NOTE: THIS IS ONLY FOR CIRCLE OF POWER HERO SELECTIONS.

Level 11
Ummmm, if theres more efficient ways, why'd you post this one? Personally I don't think this would really be worth it if I was making a hero map, why? Because the more efficient ways are also much better looking. Try including some of the alternate methods, it would definitely increase the value of your tut.

Status
Not open for further replies.