• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Random change variation of placed DOODADes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
So, i'm not sure if i got you right. What exactly do you need?

1. You have preplaced doodads and you want to change the variation? Should they all be the same afterwards or just "Reroll" -> you have to manually click them, if you want to change them to the same variation, you can group select them
2. You want to choose which variation you get when you place them -> select the doodad and disable the "place random variation" check on the left side above the preview window
3. something else?

Level 3
So, i'm not sure if i got you right. What exactly do you need?

1. You have preplaced doodads and you want to change the variation? Should they all be the same afterwards or just "Reroll" -> you have to manually click them, if you want to change them to the same variation, you can group select them
2. You want to choose which variation you get when you place them -> select the doodad and disable the "place random variation" check on the left side above the preview window
3. something else?
First , i was making a mistake
I change the Variation number of Tree in Doodad editor ( 5 to 1 ) , then i change the model of it to Barrel (which have 1 variation)
but when i change back ( number & model ) , all the tree (preplaced) on the map have the same variation
Now i dont want that but also dont want to replace them all over again

Thus, i want find a way to fast random variation of selected doodad (preplaced of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.