• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Ragnarok VS Diablo 2 BETA

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This map is just a beta but fairly playable already, it is inspired by the gameplay of dota but what I used are diablo 2 heroes and ragnarok. Also for the items, I used the horadric cube as the feature of item combining and card compounding on sloted armors in ragnarok. Thanks to Tranquil for his angel model I used as Tyrael and for the icons too, hope you enjoy this and always check for my updates ^_^

Keywords:
dota, diablo 2, ragnarok, hero
Contents

Ragnarok VS Diablo 2 BETA (Map)

Reviews
12:18, 30th May 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected Since you don't even know what type your own map is, I don't think it has a future at all.

M

12:18, 30th May 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

Since you don't even know what type your own map is, I don't think it has a future at all.

Please don't troll, be nice to people...

Ok let see...

Things that I like:

1st - Nice spell ideas

Things that I don't like:

1st - Map Description
2nd - Terrain
3th - Memory leaks, Bad triggers like this one
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Godly Wrath 1
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Godly wrath for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Set level of Godly Wrath (Neutral Hostile) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Godly Wrath 1 for (Triggering unit))
    • Set godlywrath = (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Dark Ranger - Silence (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Unit - Create 1 Godly wrath eff for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Set level of Godly Wrath 4 for (Last created unit) to (Level of Godly Wrath 1 for (Triggering unit))
    • Set godlywrath_Copy = (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
    • Unit - Create 1 Godly wrath eff for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Set godlywrath_Copy_2 = (Last created unit)
    • Wait 1.00 seconds
    • Unit - Remove godlywrath from the game
    • Unit - Remove godlywrath_Copy from the game
    • Unit - Remove godlywrath_Copy_2 from the game
4th - No map preview or custom loading screen
5th - Items are bad, same icons poor descriptions
6th - Few heroes
7th - No quest log = no credits, map info
8th - No hints etc

Word or 2 to Author:

I think that map isn't finished jet, use Map Development forum for that! You can make thread there upload your map so people can tell you what they think just like here! Also for any help with triggers or how to clean memory leaks post triggers and create threads here Triggers & Scripts! Btw if you need any help with WE we have World Editor Help Zone here on THW! And at the end if you need any resource from icons to loading screens check this out Requests!

1/5 Vote for Rejection
Map reported

Level 16
Terrain needs a major improvement, its really plain and easily made. Some spells are just too simple, you just edited some and changed the tooltip and other settings. I'll let the items pass since its quite unique but nothing special about it. Creep camps are pretty badly made, all blue coloured units! lol.

RATING:REJECTION

Fix all of those up, and really if you were inspired by DotA, wouldn't you atleast have some custom spells?

Level 28
If it is inspired by DotA's gameplay, then why is the type set to "Defense / Survival"?
Do you even know what genre DotA is?
Most DotA-players don't even know this extremely basic thing, yet they still make maps 'like dota'.
Those people are ignorant, are you one of them?

Well, here in my crap country, dota is the most famous map
Unfortunately, not only in your country.
(Yes: unfortunately... DotA never should've become so popular, it's become plague for everyone who wants to play warcraft in a decent way or create maps).

And watch your tongue: do not flame, even if people disagree with your opinion.

Rejected.

Level 2
oh sorry for the wrong genre, coz Im not playing dota anymore for I think 2-3 years, its just that I copied the gameplay bcoz its the most famous one here in my place, and I forgot to mention that my map in this very second is just 10 days old, and I forgot when I last updated it here, I think 2 days ago, and what do u mean with the memory leak? bcoz of the wait action? oh well i dont use any custom code or something like that, Im not a big time geek map maker, lol u criticized my map like I created this weeks ago, lol sorry for I have a social life and dont have the whole day making my map, last thing, I edit my map for I think 2-6 hrs a day, mostly 4 hrs I think.

Level 28
You're allowed to have a social life, though you won't get far in the mapping world with it =D
No, really, you can be a great mapper and have a social life...as long as you know your priorities, there's no problem.

@ Narrator: don't bring Sourc[e]X (aka Illidan(Evil)X) into this, there's a small difference between regular mappers and one of the most advanced mappers of warcraft 3.

Edit: oh yeah, memory leaks aren't caused by waits...
They're caused by creating handles and blabla, you won't get this anyway.
Just remember that it's useless data warcraft stores, and when there's too much data piled up you will start to lag.