• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Raging Stream

Is this a good map?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello everyone!

Today I bring you a map that me, Elysium and Mempa have edited! Mostly I used the raging stream as a template and made new units.

1) Gameplay:

The gameplay is almost the same as a normal melee map, you battle until you destroy all enemy bases, however there are things to consider with more Heroes to choose from and more units to use strategically.

There are only three races that are available.

Humans -
The Humans have a variety of units consisting of Basic Units in Barracks, The Workshop consists of anti air units and siege wagons. The Gryphon Aviary is specifically made just for Gryphons and are perfect for killing tank units, The Arcane Academy is one of each spellcaster training building to have auto attack that deals 13 damage continuously. The Humans are perfect to begin with as they consist with good heroes.

Orc -
The Orcs has a lot of damage dealing units consisting of Basic Units in the Barracks, The Beastiary are the same as in a normal melee except the newly added Goblins which deals tons of damage alone. The Spirit Lodge is the one of the spellcaster training building to have health regeneration, the Orcs can also build Tauren Totems to produce one of the best tank units in the map.

Undead -
The Undead have a lot of ranging units that regenerates fast on blight or attack with Chaos Damage, they consist with normal undead and demonic units. The Crypt allows you to get Basic and Advance units that some can gain Chaos Damage to your advantage. The Slaughterhouse will consist of tank units and siege wagons. The spellcaster training building will soon have a special ability that transforms a corpse into the battle, the boneyard will surely help you as they produce bone dragons that will freeze and slow groups of enemies.

Night Elves -
The Night Elf consists of having high health units and resisting units, they lack most air supports but is able to kill most air units, The night elves are stealthy and a variety they can counter most but air units.

2) Help:

I could really ask for suggestions if they're too OP or too UP. I'd also like to remind you that this map is not really lorewise, so I add a few twists... Think of the Undead as a traitor to the lich king ^^..

3) Development History:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Map Developments :)

Planning to add: Custom Shops, Night Elf is soon to be used as a custom race.

Optional: Deathmatch.

I fixed the tooltips however the AI for the melee is not intended to be made until I know how. BTN for Knight and Captain are now different. Bishop and Wizard BTN will come soon. Tooltips for all Smith upgrades are now fixed(I think). The link should be safer to download with.

Added Night Elves as Custom Race as half made, intending to finish it once I get some ideas for my next move. The default AIs are going to be replaced soon enough but they are working now. I added five new heroes, 4 of which are night elf and 1 is for undead. 2 new units for the Undead race which are the Lich and Voidwalker.

The Night Elf is 80% complete, now I just need feedback on what I should add and what I should remove.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Y2B4goKWLfalIyYWNLXzNkZDQ

Please do tell me if this link is not allowed or against the rules.

4) Credits:

Grendel
DireFury
JetFangInferno
Sellenisko
Blizzard Entertainment
Ujimasa Hojo
Stefan. K
Tranquil
and many more, I can't list them all since I forgot where the models are mostly from ^^ please feel free to tell me who are the authors I forgot to credit for the maps.

Last edited:

Uchiha.Itachi.full.1836446.jpg

TESTER REPORT

Balance Issue :
Frosty Dragon only has 3 spells
Archer cost 3 food, while having lower value than Rifleman

Bugs/Errors :

Petal Ward ability for HE Arcanist has a typo : Petlal Ward (Minor)
Bishop and Wizard heroes has the same Archmage Icon (Minor)
Captain and Knight heroes has the same Captain Icon (Minor)
Workshop Tooltip needs fixing (Moderate)
Weapon and Armor researches at blacksmith require some tooltip check (Moderate)
AI not working for human, undead (Major, unless intentional)

Level 6

Uchiha.Itachi.full.1836446.jpg

TESTER REPORT

Balance Issue :
Frosty Dragon only has 3 spells
Archer cost 3 food, while having lower value than Rifleman

Bugs/Errors :

Petal Ward ability for HE Arcanist has a typo : Petlal Ward (Minor)
Bishop and Wizard heroes has the same Archmage Icon (Minor)
Captain and Knight heroes has the same Captain Icon (Minor)
Workshop Tooltip needs fixing (Moderate)
Weapon and Armor researches at blacksmith require some tooltip check (Moderate)
AI not working for human, undead (Major, unless intentional)

Thanks for the insights, I will definetely take a look at the tooltips since I leave them there mostly until I finish everything. The AI for human and undead is intentional since I'm still learning how to make AIs. The Captain and Knight will definetely get a new BPN, tooltips for Workshop and Smith upgrades. Frosty Dragon is going to be a bit "delayed". The Archer was suppose to have 3 food cost but I'll put it back to 2.

EDIT: Ignore the Glaive Maiden on Human Altar, it's not intentional but for testing purpose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.