• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Questions about contests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Anyone, with the proper motivation, preparation, and organization, can potentially run a Contest. See the link provided above (the Arena) to get started.

Do note, however, that the Contest you describe has been done many times before. We call them Techtree Contest; it would be wise to take a look at some of those and create something similar to it.

Good luck!

Level 13
The Arena
Read the first threads.

I think this is somewhat the thing you will:
Techtree Contest #11 - Results

Thanks!

Anyone, with the proper motivation, preparation, and organization, can potentially run a Contest. See the link provided above (the Arena) to get started.

Do note, however, that the Contest you describe has been done many times before. We call them Techtree Contest; it would be wise to take a look at some of those and create something similar to it.

Good luck!

I just got this idea, about a 12 player melee map, with tons of custom races. I could, make that myself, and create lost of custom races on my own, But... I kinda wanted to make a contest about it. It's kinda like, the contestants create their own race with an AI (any kind, medieval, futuristic, ect) and I will add the top 10-15 most balanced and well designed races in this melee map.

Was hoping this will be a thing. Gonna try and do something. Thanks by the way!

Level 30
I just got this idea, about a 12 player melee map, with tons of custom races. I could, make that myself, and create lost of custom races on my own, But... I kinda wanted to make a contest about it. It's kinda like, the contestants create their own race with an AI (any kind, medieval, futuristic, ect) and I will add the top 10-15 most balanced and well designed races in this melee map.

This Idea already exists: Warcraft: Ultimate Battle

Reactions: pyf
Status
Not open for further replies.