• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, is there anyone know how to make skill like BALANAR ' Hunter in the night '. That skill is based from game time. Is that skill need triggers or not. Please help. ( I also can't read vJass ) ( The things is this skill for skill but have effect for all units. ( High Elf with power from sun ) So, in night or day my units get effect also hero ) so because it same, i ask it. Please answer

Yes, the base skill could be the Moonstone effect, but you need to trigger when game-time becomes greater than or equal to 18.00 and less than 6.00 (event - Game - Time of day). This will trigger both the active and the passive effect of the skill (because you also want your hero to inherit the movement speed bonus when the night naturally comes and not only through the usage of the ability). In the actions of the trigger, create a dummy and order it to Bloodlust your hero. Use a buff duration of 0 seconds (so that it lasts forever) and remove it once the time of day becomes anything but the values above.

Level 25
It is hard to answer you how to make skill like Balanar, because I have no idea what Balanar, or who 'Hunter in the nigh' is (is this some hero from other game? Or general description of the hero?)
However, you will need to trigger the whole thing as far as I know.
There is an event for trigger which fires when time of a day becomes XYZ.

Let's take an example:
A custom made shadowmeld ability that Night Elf units use:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 6.00
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 18.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (In-game time of day) Equal to 6.00
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- Here are actions for DISABLING the ability --------
        • Else - Actions
          • -------- Here are actions for ENABLING the ability --------
Or you may want to check during some other event:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - UnitABC Takes damage (better yet when DDS is used here)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (In-game time of day) Greater than or equal to 6.00
          • (In-game time of day) Less than 18.00
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- Do actions that should happen during DAY --------
        • Else - Actions
          • -------- Do actions that should happen during NIGHT --------

Status
Not open for further replies.