• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about making cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How can I make a model car?
Where should I start to realize such a model?
I already have the tools necessary but I can't make it.
Please help me.

It is easy to create cars in gmax by using a side view image of a car as your reference. Create a 1x1 plane, expand it by following your reference, extrude, then mirror the extruded geoset. After these processes, you will create the wheels. Unwrap the model, apply textures, export using dexporter. open the model in mdlvis. The textures used are lost but you can regain those textures by using the magos model editor. You can also notice that the normals look terrible, just click reverse normals and it will be ok.

This might be a little confusing if you are new to modelling. I will make a very brief tutorial about this IF I HAVE TIME TO DO SO.

Level 3
Thanks for answer eubz :)
Is there any problem if I am using 3ds max 2010?
If you do a tutorial I would appreciate it thanks a lot.

Level 3
Okey and yes I am a new in this domain all I done is to make a box and try to make the model itself but this didn't end up nice.

Level 3
Okey thanks by the way the videos you made are just for the texture now I need to make the model right?

Status
Not open for further replies.