• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Question about item spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey again.

I have a question about Item spells.

When you give a spell with levels to an item, how does the item determine what level of the spell should be used?

For example if I create an earthquake spell which has 3 different levels all varying in difficulty, how does the item know to use level 1 or lets say level three of the item spell?

Does it by default just go for the highest level?

If so how can I change it to be set to any level spell?

Level 19
I think there is an action like this.
  • Actions
  • Unit - Set level of Your_Ability for Your_Unit
The problem is that I'm talking about an item not a unit ability

unless when you give an item to a unit it automatically gives them that ability and thus allows for that trig being used.

There would be a problem with that as well, because what if the item is an auto use when obtained item... wouldn't that break the game for an item that was already used to be set to a new level?

Level 11
Hey again.

I have a question about Item spells.

When you give a spell with levels to an item, how does the item determine what level of the spell should be used?

For example if I create an earthquake spell which has 3 different levels all varying in difficulty, how does the item know to use level 1 or lets say level three of the item spell?

Does it by default just go for the highest level?

If so how can I change it to be set to any level spell?
When you picks usable item, the item ability level is set to 1.
You can easily by trigger up this level by trigger Set Item ability level to Item ability level + 1 (or 2,3,4 etc)
But if you drops the item and picks it again, you will have 1st level and you have to up the level again.
If you want the using item creates own ability level according to the item level, you have to use dummy units.
There would be a problem with that as well, because what if the item is an auto use when obtained item... wouldn't that break the game for an item that was already used to be set to a new level?
You can also use dummy. WHen picking autousing item, set the ability level for dummy and order the dummy to do stuff.

Level 19
When you picks usable item, the item ability level is set to 1.
You can easily by trigger up this level by trigger Set Item ability level to Item ability level + 1 (or 2,3,4 etc)
But if you drops the item and picks it again, you will have 1st level and you have to up the level again.
If you want the using item creates own ability level according to the item level, you have to use dummy units.

You can also use dummy. WHen picking autousing item, set the ability level for dummy and order the dummy to do stuff.
If everything you guys say is true, then the problem is solved

Thread possible closed... I'll only be able to test it tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.