• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Quest and Music triggering questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So after an eternity I came back to my Naznoran project... One thing that has caused me SO much grief are the quests...

These are the two quest triggers I have currently. Its a test quest, you go near a pig, get a quest instantly, go to a nearby zergling, and the zerg kills the pig.

• ZergPigquestGet
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of Pig 0593 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on ZergPigquestComplete <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Piggy!
      • Quest - Enable ZergPig
      • Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Pigpig with the description I wanna be eaten by..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPenguin.blp
      • Quest - Change the title of ZergPig to Zerg eats Piggy
      • Quest - Change the description of ZergPig to Go to the Zergling ...
  • ZergPigquestComplete
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of Zergling 0594 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Quest - Mark ZergPig as Completed
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: o_O PIGGY I SAY!!
      • Unit - Order Zergling 0594 <gen> to Attack Pig 0593 <gen>
The quest just isnt functioning properly. Here is a list of the problems...

1. The pig doesnt have the golden ! above his head
2. The quest menu button appears, but does not flash
3. The quest does not say "complete" when completed.

Any chance anybody can help?

~ MUSIC TRIGGER ~

Right now I am using the following trigger for zoning in-game.

• Draiek M
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Draiek <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Environment - Set sky to Lordaeron Summer Sky
      • Sound - Play ArthasTheme <gen>
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Draiek
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
It works well, but there are other ways that it can be done. I was playing a map and I noticed that every time the camera gets to a different location on the map, the weather would change, music changes, etc. It would be a LOT better for me if the camera was the zoner.

Thanks for reading, and thanks to anyone who helps! :grin:

Level 10
Quest issues:
1. This is a special effect. Just use an add special effect action and change the target unit, the other things should be set just right for you. But don't forget to save the effect to a variable and destroy it later!
2. There is an extra action "Flash quest menu button"
3. Use the action "Display quest message" (also when the quest is discovered). I'm not really sure, if I understood you correctly. If you don't think of the text message you know from Blizzard campaigns when you get quests, explain it a bit more please.

Music issue:
To start the music depending on the camera, I'd make a periodic trigger, e.g. every 1.00 seconds and then check if a region (well, of course you have to create these music regions) contains the camera target and play the music according to it. Anyways, if a player can scroll in your map, I'd not use this camera related music triggering; just imagine somebody is scrolling over the map and the music changes every few seconds... :con:

Level 5
Thanks for the help... I figured out the first 2 problems last night (took me a while, but now Im proud of myself! :p) Still working on the quest completion trigger.

Question though, how do I save something to a variabe? I created it, now I dont have a clue how to save it. I think thats probably why I cant complete the quest either. (GAWD IM A N0oB)

Once again, thanks for the help. +rep

Level 10
Well, "save" is not the best word. A variable is something like a special name. You can attach this name to every object of the selected type and later refer to the object using the variable. For the special effect: Create it and after it, add an action "General - Set YourSEVariable to (Last created special effect)". And later, if you want to destroy the effect, use "Special effect - Destroy YourSEVariable".

Level 5
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! It works! After hours of fiddling with triggers, it finally works!

I havent tried the music triggering yet, because that will take a LOT of work to get it all in place. (So many oddly shaped zones...) But still, thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.