• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PWNED at eFuneral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Ok. I think some of you have seen this before, but I'll just put it here. The video gets a little boring at the start. So lemme explain. These people in this video, are PvPs. So, some guy in the real world dies(I don't know why, don't ask me), and they log on his account and puts him at the lake so both factions can honor him as some sort of 'e-funeral'. So they took it for real, hardly and weapons nor armor, and they were lining up. So out of nowhere, this group of Lvl 60 Night Elf Rogues pop out and kills the character of the person who died, and killed everyone there. Even those who ran into the lake where chased and killed. Then it was really funny. Lots of dead corpses on the floor. HAHAA I think it's the funniest WoW video i ever seen, though i feel sad for the fella who died.:(

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7667194685876573666&q=serenity+now

Level 18
WoW guild pulls a Phred Phelps:
In case you don't know who Phred Phelps is, he's the scumsucking waste of oxygen who organizes the "We're glad your son is dead" celebrations at the funerals of slain soldiers, further proving that no place or event is sacred to those who like to express their radical political views. Well, that same lack of basic human decency has hit WoW.

On Feb 25th a WoW player from Illidan realm passed away in real life. Members of her current and previous guilds (both horde and alliance) planned in in-game memorial service. Here was the original announcement:

"On Tuesday of February 28th Illidan lost not only a good mage, but a good person. For those who knew her, Fayejin was one of the nicest people you could ever meet. On Tuesday she suffered from a stroke and passed away later that night.I'm making this post basically to inform everyone that might have knew her. Also tomorrow, at 5:30 server time March, 4th. We will have an in game memorial for her so that her friends can pay their respects. We will be having it at the Frostfire Hot Springs in Winterspring,

because she loved to fish in the game ( she liked the sound of the water, it was calming for her ) and she loved snow.If you would like to come show your respects please do. Thanks everyone.

We're planning some cool stuff and we're going to make a video of it to show her family . So

I would appreciate it if nobody comes to mess things up."

They did this by having someone sign on with her character and do a one-last walk past all those who gamed with her, as sort of a last goodbye to the character that she played.Well, thats not how it turned out. Clan "Serenity now" crashed the memorial service with all all-out raid attack, killing all those who attended. (keep in mind most of the attendees were wearing tuxedos, dresses and other non-protective formal attire and did not have any weapons equipped).

Here were some of the tactful comments made the "noble" members of Serenity Now.

"GNOMELAND SECURITY Has Successfully Completed Operation 'Shock and Awe'."

"Jihad upon your memorial"

"Phred Phelps is what we do."

"I was told she loved PVP. Just wanted to honor her."

"btw, she only gave me 19 honor."

"Even in her death, she has contributed to the server by giving us a sweet 19 honor. I would

like to thank her for that."

"Now she has 70 virgins and golden honey"

"I would like to buy her account. Please PM me info. I always wanted to own a dead woman"

"First off I wish I were undead so I could have cannibalized her corpse."

"I've got a video she would like to see!"

....indeed....and a video they made. You can see it here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7667194685876573666&q=serenity+now

Granted, it may not have been smart to hold such a memorial in a contested area of a PvP realm, but that is still no excuse. Both horde and alliance players attended without "accidents". I don't know about you all, but I think Blizz shoudl jump in on this one and have made every one of those attendees count as a dishonorable kill.

Wall.

Online idiots.

Firing squad.

You figure out the rest.
-VGsatomi
Do some research on what you post beforehand, because this is most definately NOT a laughing matter.

P.S. Why the fuck didn't they get a GM to hang around just in case? I'm sure they would have been happy to oblige.

Level 36
I don't think its funny at all. I mean sure, some people take it in good humor, but I don't at all. It was kind of a bad move to hold the funral in contested grounds, but regardless I think what Serenity Now did was wrong. It's like going around killing noobs, it may be fun, but it certainly isn't honourable. Killing unarmed players who are completely unprepared for an attack because they are paying their respects to a real life playr who died is NOT an honourable thing to do. I don't tink that Serenity Now should be punished at all because what they did was perfectly within the rules, but sabotaging a FUNERAL is a move that would make you despised by a lot of people. If this event was anything other then a funeral, sure go for it, and I applaud you for catching te noobs off guard, but when its a bloody funeral, well you couldn't find a better excuse for getting cheap honour could you? This is sickening and I really think that Blizzard should take steps to prevent things like this from happening at future gatherings.

Level 12
I know. That's just lowdown. I didn't mean anything else, though It was quite funny. YEa. Blizzard GMs should do something about it. Some people said they asked for it in a PvP server.

Those were really sad people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I read the thread http://forums.illidrama.com/showthread.php?t=1826 before reading any other posts and I just thought it was so sad.. I mean.. How can some1 even think about doing that? And everyone in that stupid guild who attacked thought it was OK doing it. What were they thinking?
Aww man stuff like that makes me mad. Cause they aren't really breaking any rules here.. So they can't be punished..

Level 36
The guild members and those who support the guilds decision (they're out there, PC Gamer did an article on this titled 'Massacre at Winterspring' and some of the letters in the next issue had people saying they agreed with what the guild did, and other people who like myself were outraged) but can they really do that? like honestly, just because a majority of people want them punished, Blizzard can't just ban tem out of nowhere. There's nothing they did wrong. Well this is a grey area. I hope they do get punished, but I don't know if they can or if Blizzard will.

Level 18
OMFG! Are you blind or something?! BLIZZARD CAN BAN THEM OUT OF NOWHERE! When you play WoW you have signed an agreement stating anything in WoW (Including 'your' character and items etc) is the property of Blizzard and as such they can do anything they want to it!

Level 8
Well, i think that if you do anything as unpersonal as a online funeral, you only diserved to get wooped... Do something in the real life instead.

But the moral principle of the serenity now clan's action is totally rude and not acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.