• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Purchased spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
In the editor there is only one spell available in stores, the one of exploration. But nevertheless, I need to create more. When creating an area, I noticed a small problem. Do you know any way to detect the buyer of the skill?
Since it is not an object, the object buyer does not work. Being a neutral building the channeler, unit of the spell does not detect the player. I would appreciate any help

Last edited:
Level 2
Well, you can sell it as an item and then instantly destroy the item.
Preferably a book of some kind so it doesn't take an inventory slot in the first place.
Just my little hackish solution, perhaps someone has something better.

Level 11
Another member for the hive barracks!
....................................................................................
Well, I thought about that.
But there is a problem anyway.
The spell should follow certain guidelines.
1. Purchase of the spell
2. Selection of the area of effect. This is a problem, since it is impossible to do that with an item.
3. Reaction of the trigger. The spell, based on rain of chaos, makes fall units for the buyer, which causes that it must invoke a dummy of the buyer's team and give him the spell to use it. For this, I could fix the problem of detection, since I can detect the buyer of the object.
That is precisely the dilemma. It is fixing a problem, but acquire immediately.
Thanks you anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.