• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pugna pro Roma: The Battle for Rome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Outline
This is my first mapping project ever, and it was after watching the movie gladiator. I had an urge to play a really fun, lotr-styled (army spawning/somewhat hero based) map, on the Roman Empire, but none existed. So I took it upon myself to create just the map i was looking for. It takes place in 27 BC, and Augustus Octavianus has just been named the first Caeser of Rome. The map is based around Europe, Northern Africa, a small portion of Persia, and Western Asia. It revolves around the conquest of the Roman Empire, and the expansion of the different kingdoms/tribes at this time, with as much historical accuracy as possible, while still maintain a fun and exciting map.

Timeline
*6/26/08 - Under Construction, Units/Heros

Introduction
  • Based loosely around The War of the Jewels, with a Europa styled twist
  • Micro-based map with army spawns, heros, capturable cities/towns/tribes
  • Gold income based off number of cities controlled. Lumber is purchased with gold, and than used to produce towers and siege weaponry.

Factions + Unit List
**Under Construction**

Roman Empire

Italia Majorem
Units - Peasant, Roman Archer, Velite, Hastati, Principes, Triarri, Urban Cohort, Legionnaire, Legionary Cohort, Praetorian Guard, Roman Cavalry, Mounted Archer, Onager, Ballistae, Incendiary Pig
Heros - Augustus Octavianus; Caeser of Roma, Marcus Aemilius Lepidus; General of the Second Triumvirate, Tiberius Julius Caesar; Roman General (If alive when Augustus dies, he becomes Caesar of Roma)
Greece
Units - Peasant, Roman Archer, Peltast, Militia Hoplite, Hoplite, Spartan Hoplite, Roman Cavalry, Mounted Archer, Onager, Ballistae, Incendiary Pig
Heros -
Hispania
Units - Peasant, Archer Auxilia, Iberian Light Auxulia, Iberian Auxilia, Iberian Elite, Urban Cohort, Iberian Berserker, Iberian Tactician, Equites, Onager, Ballistae, Incendiary Pig
Heros - Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa; Roman General
Gauls
Britannia
Units - Peasant, Archer, Slinger, Iceni Spearman, Iceni Swordsman, Druid, Woad Warrior, Gallic Cavalry, Mounted Archer, Light Chariot, Heavy Chariot Ballistae, Scorpion
Heros - Tasciovanus; King of the Catuvellauni, Prasutagus; King of the Iceni, Boudica*Demi* (Becomes Queen of the Iceni if she is alive when Prasutagus dies.)
Celtia
Units - Peasant, Archer, Slinger, Celtic Skirmisher, Druid, Celtic Assassin, Gallic Forester, Gallic Cavalry, Mounted Archer, Ballistae, Scorpion
Heros - Ambiorix; Prince of Eburones, Celtillus; Gallic Commander
Mauretania
Mauretania
Units - Peasant, Slinger, Sacred Band Infantry, Libyan Skirmisher, Afrikan Shaman, Libyan Raider, Elephant, War Elephant
Heros - Juba II; Client-King of Mauretania, Syphax; Libyan Warmonger
Germanic Tribes
Dacia
Units - German Wolf Hound, Peasant, Archer, Germanic Warband, Germanic Skirmisher, Germanic Cavalry, Mounted Archer, Dacian Priest, Dacian Falxman. Gothic Cavalry, Night Raider, Scorpion, Ballistae
Heros - Deceneus; Priest Advisor of Burebista
Germania Magna
Units - German Wolf Hound, Peasant, Archer, Germanic Warband, Germanic Skirmisher, Druid, Germanic Cavalry, Mounted Archer, Berserker, Druid, Gothic Cavalry, Teutonic Horseman, Scorpion, Ballistae
Heros - Arminius; Chieftain of the Cherusci, Marboduus; King of the Marcomanni
Persia
Aegyptus
Units - Peasant, Aegyptian Slinger, Aegyptian Skirmisher, Archer, Mounted Archer, Aegyptian Cavalry, Onager
Heros -
Sarmatian Tribes
Units -
Heros -
Parthian Empire
Units - Peasant, Archer, Parthian Swordsman, Persian Cataphract, Elephant, War Elephant
Heros - Phraates IV; King of Parthia, Phraates V; Son of Phraates V (Becomes King, if he is alive when his father dies.)

Mauretania has the ability to offer its allegiance to any other faction, through an -ally trigger. All players of the accepting faction must agree.
I'm Currently undecided to give Aegyptus a similar feature or keep it with Persia, I'll update at a later time.

Last edited:
Level 2
Screenshots List:
1. Carthago Nova
2. Cyrene
3. Alexandria
4. Greece
5. Dacia
6. Langobardi
7. Finland
8. Britannia/Ireland/Iceland
9. Carthage

carthagonova.jpg

cyrene.jpg

alexandria-1.jpg

Greece.jpg

curufinwe_

Dacia.jpg

Langobardi.jpg

Finland.jpg

Britannia.jpg

Carthage.jpg

Level 2
Yeah, I did take a pre-outlined map of Europe for mine, because admittedly i'm terrible at outlining proportional continents, but everything else i've done 100% from my own head + websites for historical accuracy

Level 4
This person wasn't much better. =P

I'd suggest trying simpler stuff first, because this attempt it just going to flop and make you angry for trying.

Sorry, but es true! :]

Status
Not open for further replies.