• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Enigma: Info, Recruitment, Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Around a year ago, a healthy team of modders began a large Sci-Fi mod for Warcraft 3. Founded and lead by SoUnD_SnC and myself, Project Enigma got off to a great start and many of the custom graphics for the first race were completed. However, the project died over the summer due to lack of attention and stick prodding.

All the original concept work came from a game designed by BANE and myself many years ago. This stood as the framework for the Project, with obvious need to adapt it to Warcraft and allow other influences and ideas to be involved in the Mod.

Much of the work is still in archive, albeit a fraction of what was done. A lot of work was lost when the domain was deleted at Wc3c.

Anyway, to cut it short, I'm looking to see whether this sort of project interests people. If it does, I then want to know whether there are modders out there that are willing to step up to the challenge of reviving and, with any luck, helping produce results with the project.

Modeling and Texturing artists are welcome, but the Project needs:

Terrainers
Object Editors
Triggerers
2D/3D Artists
Sound&Music composers/Voice actors.
Fans

This was the first advertisment banner:
adpic15mv.jpg

Perhaps a rough guide for what to expect, but this may well change (especially as most of those models are gone forever).

Post here or message me if you have interest.

And now for information!

Project Enigma originally concepted 4 races; Terrans (cliche name for Humans), Psione (Think Eldar/Protoss), Un-named (Tyranids/Zerg) and a Robot race.

Being such a large project, Terrans were stepped forward for production, and the demo. The other races were left in concept to keep the workload down. This also allowed potential changes of races once terrans were at a playable (or finished) stage.

The Mod was/is to involve multiplayer gaming using a custom melee system (naturally), with a heavy dose of custom graphics.

Ideas for a campaign were plotted, and are always open should the project pick up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.