• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Problems regarding random system failure for each game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this issue.

I've big issues in Cruiser Command 0.90, it seems for every game, some random system fails, and some don't I don't understand it at all.

In 0.89h, everything works perfectly, but in 0.90 for every game test I do, teleport system fails, in 2nd game, asteroid system fails, in 3rd system crash the map fatal error, in 4th game mining system fails etc nothing works 100% for each game. Even some games cruiser is "invulnerable".

I don't know if it has to do with that I used JNGP in 0.89h and normal editor in 0.90. Anyone familiar with this issue on large projects?

Last edited:
Level 16
Well, you say "fail" but I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that.

If the problem is that random events are not actually random (roll the same result each time), then do this:

File - Preferences - Test Map (tab)

Then, untick "Use Fixed Random Seed"

However, this has nothing to do with causing a fatal error. I'm not sure this is your problem...sorry.

Level 6
Did you add any new systems or change something regarding previous systems?
Or did you delete some important init trigger by accident?
Try putting debug messages in various parts of every trigger and see if they run?
If something else is the culprit, then I dont know what could cause random system failures.
I have a GUI intensive map similar to yours, but I havent experienced this issue yet.
Idk if normal editor could break it, I cant test with my map because it has vJass mixed into it.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Did you add any new systems or change something regarding previous systems?
Or did you delete some important init trigger by accident?
Try putting debug messages in various parts of every trigger and see if they run?
If something else is the culprit, then I dont know what could cause random system failures.
I have a GUI intensive map similar to yours, but I havent experienced this issue yet.
Idk if normal editor could break it, I cant test with my map because it has vJass mixed into it.

Yes, but when triggers don't seem to run so I get no messages. But I managed to fix the situation gradually, but I have a partial asteroid system failure, which doesn't reach on asteroid colliding with vessels. At least the map is playable atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.