• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Problem with minimap Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I can't count how many times i tried to create a minimap preview.

I tried it with WEU: I imported it as a bmp and tga file nothing worked.

I tried to import it in the editor and set custom path: war3minimapPreview.tga
didn't work...

What else can i do?

Level 5
Eusira said:
..and it should be a 64x64 or 128x128, 160x160, or 192x192...
Well when i first made a custom war3mappreview all i had for example was that Easter Egg Hunt (by blizz), and it had a 192x192 tga. If i can use blp it's much better then :)

to darthfett:
The map can be any size, and the war3mappreview too, just need to match one of these values. I recomment RESIZE instead of crop to make it exactly that size.
Use IrfanView if u don't have any other programs (that's easy to use and can be dled quickly)
Downoad IrfanView from here

Level 5
bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad minimap!!!!!

I have been trying and trying to figure out how to create the minimap preview, i tried irfranview, and i converted it and resized it, it's 192 x 192, and it does not work. Now where does it go? The only place in the map scenario thing i can import a file is under map loading screen, and it says no appropriate files exist. (Yes i imported it). NE help, someone?

Level 8
You *just* need to import it and change the path so that it's only the filename with no directory. You're overwriting a file that's generated by the WE when the map is saved by creating another file in its place.

The file you import also has to be a 32-bit-depth .tga.

Level 5
Panto said:
You *just* need to import it and change the path so that it's only the filename with no directory. You're overwriting a file that's generated by the WE when the map is saved by creating another file in its place.

The file you import also has to be a 32-bit-depth .tga.

3 Questions

Q1:Where should i put the file so it has no file path?
Q2:Can it be a .blp?
Q3:And it has to be 32-bit :arrow: is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.