• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Well it all started last night as i was about to print my accounting assignment. I had my files saved and as i was about to print my comp froze. I pressed to restart button, no biggie.

Just before the desktop is about to come on this window appears saying it doesn't recognize data and cannot find some shit.

I wait for a couple of minutes and my desktop finally comes on. However, all the icons and everything i had is gone. Thankfully my assignment was miraculously saved but it left me wondering what happened to the rest of my stuff.

I then install warcraft again (since it just "disappeared") and played for a while.

Level 9
I shut of my comp since it was late and the next day when i got back from school. I turn it back on and i notice that the same window pops-up again and all the stuff i installed, downloaded and added has disappeared again. I conducted an "experiment" downloading a small file and restarting the comp. Every time i restart the file downloaded disappears.

Anyone have any clue on maybe what's going on?

Level 21
well this isnt WC3 thats doing this, my guess would be A. virus B. spyware C. windows borken. tbh each is as likely as the last, try a virus and spyware scan (which you should be doing anyways) and see what u get. use microsofts error reporting because sometimes its quite useful. make a note of all the changes to you system and if there is anything unusual that you might be able to do a google search on. if it happens again make sure you know exactly how it happened so you can google that. error fixing is all about details and specifics, the more you know the faster you can fix it. from what you say it sounds like a windows problem, a dll error or something. keep track of it and see how it goes.

Level 27
well this isnt WC3 thats doing this, my guess would be A. virus B. spyware C. windows borken. tbh each is as likely as the last, try a virus and spyware scan (which you should be doing anyways) and see what u get. use microsofts error reporting because sometimes its quite useful. make a note of all the changes to you system and if there is anything unusual that you might be able to do a google search on. if it happens again make sure you know exactly how it happened so you can google that. error fixing is all about details and specifics, the more you know the faster you can fix it. from what you say it sounds like a windows problem, a dll error or something. keep track of it and see how it goes.

Yes,these strange things could only happen when theres something seriously wrong with your pc,i also think a virus or a broken thing somewhere. Let your pc be checked by a pro ..

Status
Not open for further replies.