• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Problem with chanel ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok, nevermind. Found a way around it, I guess that something was wrong with the ability properties. Anyway it was a funny interaction.
Sorry for trash post.
SOLVED
Hello!
I just had the wierdest glitch ever. If anyone can explain why it happes, how to fix it I would be really greatful.
I'll try to explain it as good as I can but it's really weird so... To the point:
What I want to make: A dummy skill that will cast the real thing on mouse position, and well that isn't a problem at all the wierd part started when I started testing.
I based the skill on chanel ability ofc and triggered it that it will cast skill based on Blizzard on cursor position. The trigger creates dummy unit at location of triggering unit, is given desired blizzard spell and is ordered to cast it on mouse position. The dummy is created and nothing happens.
After testing I found out that when I triggered it to go off while using War Stomp (Neutral Hostile 1) the trigger works just fine.
Now the weirdest part:
1. When the hero has ONLY War Stomp it works perfect.
2. When the hero has BOTH skills it doesn't work (only creates dummy without casting)
3. When hero has ONLY chanel-based ability it doesn't work just as above
4. When hero has ONLY War stomp, casts it and then has the channel-ability added IT WORKS FINE on BOTH skills.
5. When the war stomp is added as second, and the chanel was already casted BOTH doesn't work
The 4th option is the weirdest, it looks like the war stomp "loads" something that the other ability needs.
Any advice?
Chanel-ability skill trigger:
  • NewGlacialShards
    • Events
      • Jednostka - A unit Rozpoczyna dziaĹ‚anie zdolnoĹ›ci
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) RĂłwna siÄ™ (Ma)NewGlacialShards
    • Actions
      • Jednostka - Make (Triggering unit) face MousePosition[1] over 1.00 seconds
      • Jednostka - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
      • Jednostka - Add a 2.00 second OgĂłlny expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Jednostka - Add (Ma)Glacial Shards to (Last created unit)
      • Jednostka - Order (Last created unit) to CzĹ‚owiek - Arcymag - Zamieć MousePosition[1]
War Stomp variant:
  • NewGlacialShards Kopiuj
    • Events
      • Jednostka - A unit Rozpoczyna dziaĹ‚anie zdolnoĹ›ci
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) RĂłwna siÄ™ Bojowe StÄ…pniÄ™cie (Neutralny Wrogi 1)
    • Actions
      • Jednostka - Make (Triggering unit) face MousePosition[1] over 1.00 seconds
      • Jednostka - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
      • Jednostka - Add a 2.00 second OgĂłlny expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Jednostka - Add (Ma)Glacial Shards to (Last created unit)
      • Jednostka - Order (Last created unit) to CzĹ‚owiek - Arcymag - Zamieć MousePosition[1]
(sry for polish editor :p)

Edit: 1.29 PTR patch, classic WE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.