• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, my name is Luis, I'm spanish and i'm new here.
I saw some models for Warcraft III like this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/thatched-cottages-182269/
, i try to download it and import to my map, but I only know how to download and import the model, not the actions (In this case, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/drawbridge-54156/ the action to open/close the door).
Can someone explain to me how to download can import it complete?
If this explication have some images, i'll understand it better, because i can't talk english really much. And if there is someone who talk spanish, i'll be really happy :D

Level 19
I don't speak spanish, but I can try help you anyways. The action you're looking for are the model's animations - All models have animations (Walk, attack, stand, spell etc). I guess the door has some too. Then you should go to the Trigger Editor and make sure to play some specific animation in-game.
But perhaps it is not animated - Have you checked that out?

Oh and welcome to the Hive! :)

Level 1
Level 19
Oh, now I think I get it! If your model has several "upgrade animations"? You can change that in the Object Editor. You can change it in "Art - Required Animation Names" (Look at Town Hall, Keep and Castle to see what to type). Please write back if you don't understand what I'm saying or if it doesn't work for some reason, then I'll show ya a screenshot :]

Level 1
Well, I think that works good :) Thanks...
Now I want to make a Campaign (Is it write good?), and the first chose i want make is.... hmm... how can I explain?... I want that the others players (npcs) play in the map always, not when a put them on the map like "Computer(Dificultity)".
Can someone explain me it?

Level 19
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean :l

If you want to play with or against a computer player, you will have to either manually make it a computer player in the editor or in Warcraft III when you create the game, or you will have to make triggers for every step they take, or you will have to make an AI for the computer players.

Level 1
Hm.. well.. i say.. i want to make that the Computers player play like an Affray Map, where you select how many players play, but i want they start to play like in a campaign... do yo understand me?

Level 19
I guess. So what exactly will you have the computers do? (Play like they do in a campaign, yeah, but campaigns are very different you know)

To make the computer players do unique stuff, which they do not do normally in melee maps, you will have to use the trigger editor. In there, you can make everything happen. If you tell me, what exactly the computer players are supposed to do in the game, I'll show ya the triggers :)

Level 1
Hm... i want they do like in a mele map. Build edifications, create units, etc.. but they will do it when it start the campaign camp, not selecting them in the start of the mele maps..

Level 19
So.. you want the computers to do nothing until something cool happens mid-game, and then start building a base and stuff?

What about making the computer units Neutral Passive and then change owner to the computer player, and order them to work or something in the trigger-editor? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.