• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Possible to have 2 saved heroes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I was wondering if it is possible to have 2 or more saved heroes in the same save code? Because my RPG will consist of a savable 'stash' and the hero itself.
Middle earth is big. Half an hour to go across the damn map. Theres the need for 3 other mules that don't save. If possible, I'd like to save the mules as well.

thanks

Level 19
Well yes, but ud have to ask someone to make a custom save/load for you and im guessing itd be pretty long :pmeh:

of course you can... you will just add some new lines in the save trigger and load trigger to accomodate the additional hero... I use AceHart's system and by default it saves all your hero units which will make it very easy for you if the stash is a hero unit but If the stash isnt a hero type unit then you will need to add some new lines in the save-load triggers.

PS: it doesnt really make the code much longer, I havent noticed a difference from the code length when I saved my non-hero stash unit and when I dont save it. If it lengthens maybe only up to 4 new letters only...

He means that theres 1000 items that can possibly be inside ur inventories -.-

well he said that will 1000 items hurt, and we're talking about saving in the system so I thought that he will save all 1000... anyway if he will just save about 12 or so items then that wouldn't hurt... In my current proj, I'm saving 16 items, 10 in the equipments, 6 in the normal inventory...

Level 19
well he said that will 1000 items hurt, and we're talking about saving in the system so I thought that he will save all 1000... anyway if he will just save about 12 or so items then that wouldn't hurt... In my current proj, I'm saving 16 items, 10 in the equipments, 6 in the normal inventory...

?

Your using acehart's system? can you tell me how u did that? lol.

yeah 1000 items in game but only 6 in each inventory. Is it possible to save 2 or 5 heroes? CAn anyone please do it, I have already completed the entire map and this is the only trigger I need help with. Nvm already have a request thread lol

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/save-load-system-more-than-one-hero-174027/

Thanks so it IS possible.

AceHart's system do save all heroes owned by the player who used the -save command by default, including their stats and each item in their inventory

?

Your using acehart's system? can you tell me how u did that? lol.

I just added more Save[SaveCount] lines and used the action inside the Equipment system to get the item in the equipment slots... Also modified the Load trigger to accommodate the added saved items...

• Actions
    • For Each Integer A from 1-10 (since I have 10 equipment slots)
      • Do - Actions
        • Set Save[SaveCount] = Custom Script: GetItemIndex(hero, Integer A) //A function from the equipment system of The_Witcher
        • Set SaveCount = SaveCount + 1
I'm not sure if that's what you asked for...

Status
Not open for further replies.