• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Porcupine Formation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, I need help with a spell to my Helm Deep map.
It's about the Porcupine Formation spell for the Uruk Pikemen.
Iv'e tried to make a skill out of the defend skill, i've removed all the effects (Take less damage from piercing attacks, etc) exept the one that makes the unit moves slower.
Then I maked another skill that was like the thorns arau, but only work at the unit that own the skill.
Then i did a trigger like this:

Event: Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Condition: (Ability being cast) Equal to Porcupine Stance
Action: Unit - Add Porcupine Stance (Aura) to (Triggering unit)

It doesn't work.
Can anyone write a trigger for me, or tell me what i do wrong?
(The Skill must have the defend animation when activated)

Level 1
I'm guessing if this is for orcs then if you're just using the Blizzard models, the model you're using likely won't have a Defend animation. I'm not sure if there's any way to make the orcs look like they're doing some sort of Defend-type thing without actually editing the models.

Was it just the animation you were having problems with, or are the units not actually getting the aura as well?

Level 4
I'm using the uruk model that can be found at this site, and that one have the defend animation ^^
I'ts just the trigger that doesn't work...(Or maybe the aura ability)

Level 4
there is an ability called defend. it reduces piercing damage and slows the unit down. if every unit has it then you dont need the aura. also it will play the defend animation, so check what the animation name is. also, you should use Event - Unit starts the effect of an ability. more efficient and may fix your bug.

I know what defend is -.-
And the porcupine stance shall not reduce dmg from piercing attacks, it shall make attacking meele units loose HP.

Level 4
Because then the unit will have the spiked carapace ability always, not just when Porcupine stance is activated

Level 4
Haven't i expressed myself clear enough?
This ability shall NOT, i repeat, NOT reflect piercing damage.

Level 4
Ok, i'll try to explaine it the best I can.
The Porcupine Stance is an ability wich, when activated, slows a unit down and, in return, makes attacking enemy meele units take damage when attacking the unit that has activated the Porcupine Stance.

I don't know if you can get it clearer than that...

Status
Not open for further replies.