• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
You can, however, use a save/load system, it keeps track of the game (levels, items, status)

Careful there! You need to be very very careful if you use a save/load system. That's because the possible answers are not many (I don't know what you need the poll for, but I guess the choices are 5-6 or something like that) and the system might be exploited. For example, if you play a game and players vote for option 4, the host will get the save code which he can use in another game, regardless of what other players have voted in that particular game!

Level 11
Well 5-6 was an example. What I meant is that you need to figure some unique code manager, so that 2 different games can't have the same code.

Level 3
sure it could be, but i'd worry about scripting a bot for a poll in my map when the map would be well-known, because you don't know how it'll be successful and writing a bot for a map that won't be played would make me mad if I was the creator...

Level 3
yep, technically it is possible (imho) by the use of some external bots, the save&load things wouldn't really work in multiplayer(or I just can't imagine it).

If you wanted to do that that way i'd more advise something in the style of game messages after people vote with a summary and people could send you replays, that is about by the same amount uncomfortable and long as the save/load thing...

Level 11
Instead of messing with bots, complicated save/load codes or any other stuff, wouldn't it be easier to create a dialog in the beginning of every game? I don't think any player would mind pressing just one button in the beginning of each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.