• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Plz Help 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's why you will save them into a hashtable... if they're instant revived then there's no point in saving the coordinates...

GUI is the basic thing you use on the trigger editor... (GUI = graphical user interface)

Just use some existing revival systems on the spell section... though you might need a bit more triggering knowledge (well I assume you're just starting out as you don't even know what GUI is)...

actually I have a suggestion, practice with basic triggering and mapping first before trying to create a map (especially if its RPG, AoS, TD etc...), on your case, I believe you're doing an AoS (like DotA if that's more familiar to you)... I mean practice to see how things work first... and to see the basics that you could do with the editor... ^.^

A lot have tried to do what you're doing right now, making a map without practicing the basics... they either ended up making shitty maps or they got tired and dumped their projects... I've been through that scene too... believe me, learning the basics now and do maps later will bring a better result to your career...

Level 3
I fear this time will be soon :( making a good map is SOOOOOOOO hard with all the triggers, GUI's and hastable thingys.The map sux so far but the idea of the map is normal :/

mostly people will say try making just mini-game maps for beginners (an example I think would be the Death Sheep map by Blizzard)... ^_^

and making a good map is really a very hard work... it takes lots of time and effort...

but don't falter... all you need is determination and willingness to learn (which I think you have)... ^_^

Level 3
All this talk how my map sux makes me want to dump this one and make a new one xD
Im probably abandoning this map it was supposed to be something like dota but no creeps that go through lanes you choose a hero class (all heroes are nathrezim race) youlevel up by killing enemy heroes and creeps. But i failed so i need a new idea

Level 3
I got an idea. Hows this? Two teams , each player starts with a worker, that can build ONLY towers. and each team has a main tower and if its destroyed they lose. I imagine this needs very little trigering (the exact amount that i can handle xD)

Level 5
From my experience, as long as you got stamina, it doesn't matter with what kind of map you start.
I persoanally doctor around on my first two maps since more than a year now - and yes, they're an AoS and a TD, both involving lots and lots of custom units, hundreds of tiring tooltipps nobody even cares to read and even more triggers :p
My way to not tire myself too much out is to swap between the 2 projects once I reach a point where I feel I'm stuck too much since I'm out of ideas / my current skill level is too low.
A good practice is to look around in the world editor help zone and request thread, searching for interesting request I think I can handle and work on them - it's both helping others, learning new (or practicing new stuff) and challenging, tohugh not too much over the top.
In addition, there are tons of tutorials out there, helping with stuff creation and explaning a bunch. If that isn't enough to satisfy your thirst for knowledge, search the hive for some spellpacks in your preferred language (either GUI or JASS), save them, open them, try to understand the triggers and you'll soon wnat to implement something similar in your own map xD

The road of a triggerer is long and frustrating, but not lonely - we're all here to help with hints, code and feedback ;)

Just a quick note about your worker idea: that map only needs some custom units and defeat/win conditions, unless you wanna add some cool abilities to your towers. Oh, and maybe you'll need a trigger that either allows human players to give bounty or any other source of income :grin:

I hope you're trying a little bit more than just that - it's frustrating having to write lots of tooltipps and in the end these tooltipps being 90% of the work done ='(
(one of the reason's I'm taking a break from my td currently)

ThaAthael said:
I hope you're trying a little bit more than just that - it's frustrating having to write lots of tooltipps and in the end these tooltipps being 90% of the work done ='(

haha...

though once your triggering knowledge gets good and then you'll realize how hard it is to fix your old triggs, you'll probably lose that stamina... that's why its suggested not to make those kinds of maps when ur starting out... but its just a suggestion... ^_^

Level 5

Adiktuz said:
though once your triggering knowledge gets good and then you'll realize how hard it is to fix your old triggs, you'll probably lose that stamina...
To be honest, I've read about 30 tutorials before getting started.. currently I'm not satisfied with everything in my maps, but I'm confident that it's a solid beginning... the more knowledge I have, the funkier stuff I try. And things like fixing leaks in old triggers ain't that hard :wink:
I'm working on both maps more than a year now and being able to switch between 2 projects that both haven't a deadline but at least one of them steadily making progress helps keeping up motivation - as long as you're moving forward, it doesn't matter where :grin:

On topic: Nothing special to contribute :goblin_boom:

Status
Not open for further replies.