• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Plz, Can you do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Anyone that would nicely help with an attack-move spawn trigger on my map?

I started it, I read about it on forums, tried to do it and failed.

Contact me and i'll send you map. Also i got a skype : Tipou4444 for faster communication.

Plz help this lil noob of mine! :goblin_cry:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The principles behind any spawn system are prety much the same.

1. What do you want to spawn?
2. When do you want it to spawn?

That is all there is to it.

The attack move system mostly is done via a unit enters region event which then orders the entering unit to attack towards some point. You can combine the first order into the spawn system if you want for a minor optimization but you will eddinatly need many regions and many target points for any complex path (like the map DotA has).

A basic spawn system for an AoS could be...
Every 15 seconds of game time.
Create 10 spawnunits at spawnlocation4p5 for player 5
Create 10 spawnunits at spawnlocation4p11 for player 11

Then you have separate triggers for each attack move order.
Unit enters SpawnRegion4p5
Order entering unit to attack spawnlocation4p11

Unit enters SpawnRegion4p11
Order entering unit to attack spawnlocation4p5

That already is a working spawn system if you define all the locations and regions.
spawnlocation4p11 - point where player 11 spawns are made
spawnlocation4p5 - point where player 5 spawns are made
SpawnRegion4p11 - region containing the point where player 11 spawns are made.
SpawnRegion4p5 - region containing the point where player 5 spawns are made.

Ofcourse if you want different sorts of spawns, different spawn rates, different paths etc that can all be done but would require more complex systems (which you would have to design).

Level 3
Ty guys,

Dr super good, thanks for the explain, but my spawn isnt based on ''attack a certain location'' its more like about ''attack a random unit''

Narogog, im sending you map atm

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
''attack a random unit''
Then do just that.

Make a group out of all valid targets.
Then randomly choose one out of the group (there is a BJ to help with that) and order all units to attack the point under the unit that was randomly choosen.

The whole secrete to programming is break problems down into smaller pieces and solve them 1 at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.