• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Please help >>> Custom campaign background screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How do you manage to use both different screens for
campaign background screen and it's maps's loading screens?

Level 4
Man...
I KNOW HOW TO SET CUSTOM LOADING SCREENS! AND CAMPAIGN BACKGROUNDS!
Just, how do you use different images for the campaign and its maps?

I'm not a noob, I just can't use two different images for the campaign and its maps.

"u can only use the same loading screen as the campaign screen if its a pic ofcourse,"
Not true, look at the 'Nature's Call' campaigns, those have different images.

And if u don't WANT to explain just don't say anything
cuz you're not helping right now.

Level 22
i really dunno whats the problem, whats hard about giving other loading screen pics then the campaign screen? :? U just import the BR, BL, T(or Upper)L and TR in ur map (not the campaign imported files) and the loadingscreen.mdx If u do import in the campaign editor, u must give them a number (loadingscreen1.mdx for the BR1 etc)

Level 4
Tanks for your help everybody :evil: but I figured it out myself.
For those who get in the same situation:
> use 'Credits' loading screen for the campaign background.
> get 'Image Extractor II' and find the files:
- Credits-Loading-BotLeft.blp
- Credits-Loading-BotRight.blp
- Credits-Loading-TopLeft.blp
- Credits-Loading-TopRight.blp
> convert to tga
> change each image to what you like
> convert back to blp
> import to ( :!: )'Campaign Editor'(not import manager)
> change the paths to:
- 'UI\Glues\Loading\Backgrounds\Load-Credits\Credits-Loading-BotLeft.blp'
- 'UI\Glues\Loading\Backgrounds\Load-Credits\Credits-Loading-BotRight.blp'
- 'UI\Glues\Loading\Backgrounds\Load-Credits\Credits-Loading-TopLeft.blp'
- 'UI\Glues\Loading\Backgrounds\Load-Credits\Credits-Loading-TopRight.blp'

Do the same for other in-game loading screens if you need.

Isn't that precious information.

:evil:
:D

Level 4
Think I'm dum or something, that's what i tried but it din't work. So, i gave my ownlil tutorial for others.

Level 10
The problem is that war3 checks at first the campaign archive for the file with the required path and thereafter the map archive. So if you imported a Loadingscreen.mdx into your campaign and another Loadingscreen.mdx into the map file, it will always show the campaign screen.

You can also find help by converting the original Loadingscreen.blp to MDL using War3FileConverter and then change the Skinpaths (You'll find them right at the beginning of the file) manually with a simple text editor. Convert it back to MDX and you have a new loading screen, which you can import into the campaign and use it for every map in it.

Level 4
Waldbär said:
You can also find help by converting the original Loadingscreen.blp to MDL using War3FileConverter and then change the Skinpaths (You'll find them right at the beginning of the file) manually with a simple text editor. Convert it back to MDX and you have a new loading screen, which you can import into the campaign and use it for every map in it.
Hey thanks for that, i didn't know that one.
(...with a simple text editor :p ,..., that's just cool!)

Status
Not open for further replies.