• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Player Name Colour Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello yet again.

I'm working on a trigger that shows the name and colour of the player whose hero has been killed aswell as the name of the killing player.

It doesn't work, and I can't for the love of god figure out why!
(Then again, I'm no GUI trigger magician!)

Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong, and if that's not possible; offer me a different way of doing this (Without JASS).

Appreciated!

Attachments

• Problem.JPG
    Problem.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 55
Level 6
What doesn't work?

1 thing I see is the "Dying unit" after the wait, that should not work if I remember correct.

Change all dying unit to triggering unit, because it's the same, only triggering unit is proved to be the better.

But, please, share to us what's not working.

Level 2
Well, for one, you're putting in the colour string, but not the player name.

Try making the colour variable the player name variable instead.

Set ColouredPlayerName[1] = |cffff0000 + Name of Player(1) + |r

Level 6
What doesn't work?

1 thing I see is the "Dying unit" after the wait, that should not work if I remember correct.

Change all dying unit to triggering unit, because it's the same, only triggering unit is proved to be the better.

But, please, share to us what's not working.

Then i will change it to Triggering unit. :)

It doesn't work because it says "has been slain by", but it doesn't say the player names.

The "has been slain by" is showed in the colour of the dying hero's colour.

Edit: So if I change it to:
Set Colourstring[1] = (|cffFF0000 + ((Name of Player 1 (Red)) + |r))

It'll work?

Level 19
Do as Armentia sad "Set Colourstring[1] = (|cffFF0000 + ((Name of Player 1 (Red)) + |r))" for all your Colourstring arrays (change the player for each, ofc). And then it'll be fixed :)

About "The "has been slain by" is showed in the colour of the dying hero's colour." You'll have to put a "|r" there you want the color to end, like
|cffff0000THIS COLOR IS RED|r THIS IS NOT.

Level 6
It still doesn't work. I've changed the triggers and tested the map with another player.

All it does is say "has been slain by", only difference now is that it's in white and not coloured as before.

Here's what the two triggers looks like now.

Attachments

• Problem2.JPG
    Problem2.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.