• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Play sound for player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Thanks, But I'm no good with variables, can you:
1. I'll upload the map with this post and you can do it.
OR
2. Explain how to use it.

Note: I cannot make any progress on the map until something is done.
I need to make any hero unit killed by 'Eveneroc' that does not belong to red or blue's players hear the variable 'andthatconcludesourdemo'.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Gardians V1.0.w3x
    290.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Yeah, it's not wrong, it's just that when the sound is played for the first time, it should go from null to a specific value, not the other way around (cause it will simply not play). The map works fine, so :]

Quote from PurgeandFire111's tutorial:
Congratulations, you made it correctly! HOWEVER, if this string is used for the first time (as in, have you never used that string before [which means it isn't in the string table]) can cause the string table to become unsynchronized (it enters the string table for only one person), which can also lead to some desyncs:

JASS:
function Test takes nothing returns nothing
    //this is the proper method
    local string s = "war3mapImported\\FX.mdl"

if GetLocalPlayer() != Player(0) then
        set s = ""
    endif
    call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffect(s,0.,0.))
endfunction

That is the proper method for creating effects locally.

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89207

Status
Not open for further replies.