• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

planing to make an wc2 map Request + rep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I need a wc2 ogre skin. It should look very cool If u could help me doing this. I will give credits and +rep. Model is also nice. But it should look very familar with wc2 ogre. here is an picture http://www.wowwiki.com/File:OrcOgre.gif
A skin will also be nice. If u make it very close. With hands and so on.

Another picture.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/9/95/DentargW2.jpg Here shows more how the head should look like. Andi want it in team color :D thnx if u do this. I started making one but. Cant make it in team color. This will be good to use for my other maps to.

Level 19
ye would be very nice of you. I prefer if u do it with a normal ogre instead. Make it team color. With hands. Looking like an wc2 ogre :D and remove the club. ANd + rep... and if it look much like a wc2 ogre i will be so happy then.

Level 6
RedXIII has a WCII Ogre Magi that used to be on this website. In fact I still have it, but you should ask him for it since he made it. It was really good and looked just like a WCII ogre in 3-D.

I am currently working on a WC2 map my self. It's called, Tol Barad vrs Dun Modr. The terrain is finished, but it's taking forever to make the units and buildings like they were in WC2- stats and balancing wise. Model wise I already have most of the models I want. It's a 2-player map only; I wanted to make it single player as well, but couldn't due to the fact that the AI can't use transports and do sea combat. The WC3 engine just wasn't built that way and there is no way to make it happen with the triggers either. By the way, my map is based off an actual map from the WCII game. What map are you making?

Level 19
yo that sound great dude. can u ask hi mfor permittion to give them to me i mean the models. Im planing to make bigger project like 10 maps mybe. But meelee strat with wc2 style. I gona make them aps after the orginal ones. And it would be great if i could have the models to :D i imported 100 icons so far or sumthing and some models. i can send the stuff to u if u want so u can have it. I gona edit so its like orginal wc2. U can have the fix after i done it. If u can share the models with me :D Would be so nice.

Level 6
What models do you have because I already have a handful of them. Do you have a WCII paladin and a ranger? Because right now I'm using the Bandit/Knight model for the WC2 knight, but I need a Paladin model for his upgrade.

How about this, give me the info on what you've done and what you've got. Maybe we could combine and work on different maps; if were using the same system than all we would have to do is the terrain. The problem is that we could be on a different stage for our map that we are currently working on though. I'm still trying to figure the Gold/lumber balance for my map. For example, the peasants chop the trees down a bit too quickly when I set the damage at 10 and the capacity at 100, so I'm still trying to find that balance. This is where I'm at so far on my map, the terrain is finished, but I still have to do all the stats and balancing for the buildings and units. How far are you?

Level 6
You've already edited all the buildings? I figure the upgrades and units will take the longest. What about the gameplay? Did you balance the gold and lumber. Did you change the unit speeds? I notice the footman, knights... swing their weapons a bit slower than they do in WC3. I wonder if decreasing their cooldown stat will increase that? Have you done any of this?

By the way, what are the starting resources for WC2?

Status
Not open for further replies.