• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Plague Cinematic Series EP1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This cinematic is based on my new game, The Plague 3: Ruins of Stradford. It is the sequel to The Plague 2: Island infection. Now, in this series it unveils the fall of Stradford and the events afterwards that shape the lore and history of the plague series.

Keywords:
Plague 3, Plague 2, Island Infection, Plague, Zombies, Epic, Battle, Short, Cazeoj
Contents

Plague Cinematic Series EP1 (Map)

Reviews
20:05, 2nd Jul 2009 Linaze: I took a quick look and I am not impressed, rather boring (especially the battle scene), stiff camera work, poor terrain, typos and lacks a proper description.

M

20:05, 2nd Jul 2009
Linaze: I took a quick look and I am not impressed, rather boring (especially the battle scene), stiff camera work, poor terrain, typos and lacks a proper description.

Level 31
1) Description - Description at this site was far too lacking and need to be improve.

2) Terrain - The terrain was poorly done in the projection of a ruin city. It look like it was just a spam of a city without any proper arrangement, it lack of other type of destructible/doodad usage as well.

2) Camera - The camera was poorly done, it always a frozen camera. I only seen the camera move once and the movement doesn't seems to be that good either.

3) Sound - There is only about 4-7 lines of the character doing a talk. The sound files was ridiculously high as the sound barely last for 6 seconds and it took 1mb each? It even contain some unnecessary resources such as icon. This shook up the size of the map drastically.

Even if this is a single player map, the size was rather ridiculous due to unnecessary material and oversized voice files. Even the voice seems to be poorly done at the beginning.

At the early of the cinematic when the character was doing a talk, he sound like he was half frozen and nervous.

4) Replayability - The replayability was 0. The battle scene was boring, it was just another battle cinematic where a unit hack and slash one another without any interesting sequence.

The cinematic barely last for a minute or 2 and yet it could still contain a few error such as typo errors. This resources is nowhere near any approval stage, as for now it was 1/5 (Unacceptable).

Level 10
There was some variety of doodads in the cinematic and fire was also added. They were arranged to look disorderly and broken, after all the city was under siege in that cinematic so it shouldnt look perfect : ). I thought going over the civilains fleeing from the undead was a cool effect. The captain was supposed to sound sad/nervous due to the fact that he was recaping the war story of when all of his friends died. Since its a cinematic i assumed the size didnt really play a large factor. I also found no typos so please explain the typos that you found. And whether the cinematic was boring or not is an opinion.

Level 31
look disorderly and broken,

There is something that are called disorderly, but there is also something that are called as organize.

Let me ask you this question, who are the dumb mayor or constructor who design the layout of the housing development? Just take a look, the whole house scattered around as there is no proper development at all.

lulz%202.jpg

The whole infrastructure of the city look like it was done by kid (No offense to any minor), even if there is a chaos. How could the house prearrange position could be like that? This is barely 1 screenshot, not the entire view of it.

There was some variety of doodads in the cinematic and fire was also added.

Massive spam of structure types and fire isn't something that could be deem as variety.

I also found no typos so please explain the typos that you found.

I did't post any ss cause I was in a hurry, but I would check it again once you have done an update.

Since its a cinematic i assumed the size didnt really play a large factor.

Even if it did't. Do you want people to download a cinematic that barely last about 1 minutes with 6-7 sentences only? Since this is a trailer, it would also discourage people from playing your origin map if the trailer are bound to be low quality.

Level 10
who are the dumb mayor or constructor who design the layout of the housing development? Just take a look, the whole house scattered around.

Typo XD

and if i put all the houses together it would look like a rainbow color line of houses...which would not look as good. If u take a look at wc3 campaign cities they are also organized in this fasion such as in the city on one of the first levels. I thought it looked better then the stale boring lined up houses

Level 6
It's just okay to line up houses as there are spaces between a line of houses and of course it would not be boring because you use Ruined houses. Just select the line of houses, double click change their angle to angle that you want and voila.... a neighborhood of ruined houses. XD