• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Picture] Beetle Island Retrospective Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Beetle Island Retrospective Comparison

Attachments

• 69642.png
    69642.png
    1,014.5 KB · Views: 33
Level 15
@iAardvark
Just a comparison of the layout, and this would also serve as a WiP for the final release.
@Orcnet
Haha, nobody said I left the Hive!
@TaShadan
That's gonna be extra tricky, I'll see what I could do. But again, this is a Warcraft 3 remake, so don't expect it to be completely like WC 2. :)

Thanks for checking this out.

Level 18
Or you can use rocks, creating a new destructible, pointing it as(for example) bridge, so you can choose which units can attack it, change agibility, and size, this way they may look like mountains
218970-albums5652-picture70284.jpg

I won't recommend you using destructibles blocking the path, since the AI don't break those and will be trapped on an island. Instead, you could add some cliffs with rocks and some gaps here and there with a rocky archway or something...
Also add a shipyard at the starting points, that would be great.
Great work as always :)

Status
Not open for further replies.