• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix Guardian

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A spell breaker edit I made for the Darkness Returns Campaign. The model uses a combination of Phoenix texture and Spell Breaker model.

NAMEPhoenix Guardian
AFFILIATIONPhoenix Flames
GENERAL INFORMATIONThe elite anti-spellcaster unit of Daffa the Phoenix. They boast an extravagant amount of health, extreme endurance, and the basic skillset of Phoenix Flames soldiers. In addition, as anti-spellcaster, they also have the power of Spell Breakers.
LOREDaffa the Phoenix trained his own set of soldiers to combat Fallen and his lackeys. One of his key plays is the art of countering Fallen's devious magic and tricks, and he specifically trained parts of his most powerful soldiers into these anti-spellcasters.

Looking at Coalition's army set, he discovered that he can improve those factions' anti-spellcaster for his purposes. Selectively choosing his elite soldiers, he then studied the Coalition's anti-spellcaster and make improvements for his elite soldiers to bear.

These anti-spellcasters, honored as Phoenix Guardians, march with a strong presence and undeterred with any form of mind manipulation. Thanks to their Phoenix Flames' special training, they can be one of the most devastating units in the field. Their mana pool is by far the highest among the Phoenix Flames' soldiers, which let them rain devastating fires of the Phoenix without much hassle. The large mana pool also allows them to buff armies faster than any other soldier of the Phoenix Flames.

In addition, their immunity makes them a very good candidate to tank enemies while the rest of the army rain down fires from above. Dealing with pesky summons, they can use Control Magic to dispose of them, and for any buff disabling their allies or buffing their enemies, a Spell Steal will fix it quickly. Also, beware of Feedbacks.

If you are facing more than one of these bad boys, it is recommended to break them away from the formation. They are bulky, immune, and their damage is no joke. Make sure to put your spellcaster away from them, and split your army to avoid the devastating Rain of Fire. Bring in some anti-spellcasters if he is part of a group because he can buff his allies which adds more trouble.

Author Note: This is Substandard material. I have considered putting this in the Simple Resources Edit thread but that thread's information is not well-maintained at the moment and even I myself might lose this there.
Contents

Phoenix Guardian (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Might be useful for some people.