• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Philodenron_Devansaveanum

Keywords:
shrub, bush, philodenron, devansaveanum,
Contents

Philodenron_Devansaveanum (Model)

Level 8
Really nice, useful for decoration. 5/5
But you do not need to use so many GeoSets, you know. You used 5 GeoSets that all use MaterialId 0; it'd be much simpler (and it'd also take less space) to merge those 5 geosets into single geoset, and other that use MaterialId 1 into another (second) geoset. You can do that with Onkierwinkle tools easily.

Level 8
Such hospitality cannot go unappreciated i do suppose. Ok starting from the bottom, the reason for the number of geosets is that when geosets are merged in gmax, it severely throws off the UVW coordinates, and of course would be time consuming to correct. Yes, it is very interesting indeed. The filesize is as large as it is because i have to attach textures to it, even though they are in-game textures. The actual size is only about 7 kilobytes. Finally, only someone who would not dare reveal his name { thats you, Anonymous } would try to accuse me of stealing anything. Im sorry if you are jealous that mine looks a fine deal better.

Level 8
And, oh yes... While I'm already typing... Stalk (stem) parts of your model take rather unusual set of T Verticles; since they are all defined by only 2 coordinates (0, 1) the final choice of Texture colors ("Textures\FelwoodNatural.blp") is monotonous. In order to make a square with T Verticles the points should be defined with 4 different coordinates and that way the Stalk'd actually look like real. Your way is just some green cast.
But still... Take hose as positive suggestions - you made a fine and useful model and should continue, just better and with less space taken.

Level 7
Cool and usefull plant model. I belive the bottom part of the plant in some cases appear to be to strikingly blue and eyecatching. It can however be fixed by rotating the model so that part don't show as much. But overall a very usefull model that should have a place in almost every natural environment toolbox. Using it in my current project and i'm happy about how it looks in the setting.