• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pastebin - Labels - Signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
<b>Ralle has added a new feature to increase the site's flexibility and utility: the Pastebin!</b>
<ul>
<li>Pastebins can be used to share files and other content. </li>
<li>All site rules are in force in all pastebins at all times.</li>
<li>The pastebin link is available to users from the navigation menu at the top of each forum page.</li>
<li>Only the pasting user and those who know the exact URL of the individual pastebin have access: no other users may view them or post there.</li>
<li>Pastebins are automatically deleted when inactive for 48 hours.</li></ul>

<b>A new resource label system is under development.</b><ul>
<li>Resource types: Each general resource category; maps, models, etc. have their own main <i>types.</i></li>
<li>Specific global <i>genres</i> further categorize each general type.</li>
<ul><li>A list of the presently available types and genres should be discussed by our community in <a href="http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34538"; target="_blank";>Categories</a></ul></ul>

<b>The new signature file rules are now in full effect.</b>
<ul>
<li><a href="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_sigrules"; target="_blank";>Signature Files</a> should be reviewed and understood.</li>
<li>All users should update their signatures to meet those guidelines.</li>
<li><a href="http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=269467#post269467"; target="_blank";>FREE REP! FREE REP! FREE REP!</a> </li></UL>

Level 24
it says "labels" "signatures", so i would assume general files that do not exceed THW's file upload limits?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

So what is the pastebin actually for? And what are you allowed to upload?

To keep people from making off topic threads saying "nodoby dl this is for heretodlstuff only he wanted this model so i uploaded it here. sorry if im in the wrong place."

You make a thread, copy the url, paste it to someone in either the chat channel or over msn/email, and then they are the only ones who can see it. That way camels can send me a new WotTH model through the site, for example, since we're in different timezones.

You get the idea.

Level 24
A week seems more reasonable than 48 hours. I know that I have suddenly and without warning stopped visiting THW for maybe a period of four or five days. PMs about a link may not be noticed in 48 hours, a week seems like enough time to either confirm or deny reception of the file's URL.

Uh... lol damn. I had something to say about reposting it after a week but I completely lost it. Maybe it will come back to me later. Anyways :thumbs_up: a week sounds good to me.

Edit: Hmm, I thought of a question. I understand that files will remain in the Pastebin for 168 hours (7 days), but does it reset after every download, or is it just 168 hours period? And should the recipient fail to download your uploaded files in time, are you allowed to repost them in the Pastebin?

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
A week seems more reasonable than 48 hours. I know that I have suddenly and without warning stopped visiting THW for maybe a period of four or five days. PMs about a link may not be noticed in 48 hours, a week seems like enough time to either confirm or deny reception of the file's URL.

Uh... lol damn. I had something to say about reposting it after a week but I completely lost it. Maybe it will come back to me later. Anyways :thumbs_up: a week sounds good to me.

Edit: Hmm, I thought of a question. I understand that files will remain in the Pastebin for 168 hours (7 days), but does it reset after every download, or is it just 168 hours period? And should the recipient fail to download your uploaded files in time, are you allowed to repost them in the Pastebin?
It's after 7 days of inactivity. As in NOT downloaded and NOT viewed.
Sure you can upload it again. No problem. Just as long as you are not uploading illegal software, we won't care :)

Status
Not open for further replies.