• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Particle Movement Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am trying to make a model, but can't get the particles to move right. Could someone make me a model that has four particle emitters that spiral up, and kind of spread out, than come back in? Like this:
example.jpg

Thanks in advance
thanks.jpg

Level 30
That's not linear movement,it's hermite (or bezier)and you'll also need a program, different from magos to make the rotation animations (i'd use notetrack ... if i didn't have milkshape :p)
quote from Will in his tutorial on how to use hermite movement.

Hermite also works well, but I prefer using Bezier.This type of translation will be useful for making a big circle of fire as the base of our nuke. We could just make a large square emmitter, but this is a hell of a lot better... and a hell of a lot more complicated.

Level 2
You only need two bones for this, one bone for the spinning particle, then just add two keyframes that rotates it, and then another bone, goes up and rotates. It's really simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.