• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Orion - The Forsaken Lord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
My orpg project that envolve 4 races (minos, elf, dark elf, human) many differents kinds of class and of dungeons like inside the occean or in the space and much more... ^^
with great systens like camera, inventory, quests...

here is the blog of my project...

http://oriontfl.blogspot.com/

here you will find my screenshots from World Editor or from the game inside...

well if someone is interested to help or give ideas its welcome ^^

Level 9
Eh, don't you think you should hide the Exclamation points at (I think) the Choose your character?
Just do this:
Art: Scaling Value .1
OR if you need it not to be touched
Abilities : Locust

So, according to the screen shots: It's neat, though needs more doodads (IMO)

If you want a successful ORPG/RPG you need this (according to my fellow gamers, they hate/like the following):

1.)They HATE it when it loads too slowly (according to Teve gamers)
2.)They LOVE eye catching and very neat terrain
3.)They LOVE to see uniqueness on your ORPG/RPG
4.)They LOVE minigames/pvps to make the game less boring
5.)They HATE grinding too long in one place
6.)They HATE too short/too long ORPGs

So, in these requirments, you may pass my judgement.

In the number 3.) I said that Uniqueness from other ORPG will boost your gamers interest.

Here's some:

1.)Add some unique storyline: They hate doing this and that traveling to and fro, without knowing what's next. Add some little spice towards your game so they want to know what happened about *storyline here*

2.)Don't let the money be useless: I know, that sometimes if you get GODLY items and this and that, you no need of money. So IMO, put a little price that making 'em grind for money just for that *put the item/s here*

3.) Don't let a Dungeon be a dungeon: Be creative, add some mazes, Switches, or levers to activate bridges. Be warned though, it must not be too short/too long. Frustrated gamers wanted shorter passage in the dungeon.

4.) Quests with a twist: So, quests must have something new. Not just hack 'n' slash and bring 'em back to get money. Some players, wants to get more excitement like, killing a monster then the quest monster appears out of nowhere or something like that.

So there you have it. If there is anything I can help in your map, it is throwing ideas.

Last edited:
Level 12
^

I think those purple boxed things are doodads since they're placed in map edges. But those doodads still aren't enough judging from the screenshots. You really should add more besides the ones in there, but the terrain looks smooth. :thumbs_up:

Edit: And uh, try taking screenshots ingame. Seeing purple boxes make the terrain look dumb imo.

Level 9
^

I think those purple boxed things are doodads since they're placed in map edges. But those doodads still aren't enough judging from the screenshots. You really should add more besides the ones in there, but the terrain looks smooth. :thumbs_up:

Edit: And uh, try taking screenshots ingame. Seeing purple boxes make the terrain look dumb imo.

Right. We share the same answers, it NEEDS more doodads.

@ Hexcellion Erm, you can remove the purple boxes at the editor (it's letter [V] i think) to remove lines, and to mini-preview it in the editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.