• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ordering Autocast activation for Quill Spray?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I've got a cinematic map with a custom ability based on Quill Spray. The problem I'm running into is that I can't seem to use triggers to activate/deactivate that ability's autocast.

The ability initially has no order string for Activate or Deactivating the ability. I thought that simply adding an order string (I tried both 'frenzyon' and 'flamingarrows') would then allow me use the approriate 'issue order with no target' order to activate it, but unfortunately it still doesn't activate!

Any ideas what's wrong here? Am I the only one having this problem?

Level 10
It's "flamingattack" and "unflamingattack" by default. (And, as Kino mentioned, you can't actually change it from the default. Very few skills let you change their order strings, even if it seems like you can in the editor.)

For future reference, you can test for order strings with this trigger:
  • Order String
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Issued order)))

Level 14
Changing Order strings does nothing for most abilties.

Why not use Orb of Annihilation, it does the same thing AFAIK.

Orb of Annihilation also shows no order string. No advantage or disadvantage to using either one.

OR, from Object Editor, check these out for order strings:
Text - Order String - Turn Off
Text - Order String - Use/Turn On

Unfortunately the World Editor data for Quill Spray (and also Orb of Annihilation) says "None" for all of these, which is why finding the right order string was tough.

It's "flamingattack" and "unflamingattack" by default. (And, as Kino mentioned, you can't actually change it from the default. Very few skills let you change their order strings, even if it seems like you can in the editor.)

For future reference, you can test for order strings with this trigger:
  • Order String
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Issued order)))

Ah, I figured that it had no order string at all (based on the Object Editor data) - looks like I shouldn't trust the Object Editor. I tried 'flamingattack' and that worked fine, thank you very much. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.