• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Ordering a build to train a unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, i have a simple question: there is a mode of ordering a computer player to train lost units?

What i want is simples in truth: i want the pc player simply train a unit lost in battle, then, the unit trained go to the same place where the other was guarding the base (and not where it dies... at least it is what 'replace unit' does)

Level 4
No, i tried it before... But not.

This order a unit to train/upgrade like , for example: a town hall upgrade for a keep.

I'm not sure what you want to do. How many training facilities do you have? Which units are you replacing? What if there are two of the same type of training facilities - which one do you want to do the reviving? What if the unit dies on an island - how is the computer going to make the newly-trained unit reach the island?

Don't be so vague when you ask for help. Do everything you can on your own, and when you are honestly and completely backed into the corner, gather everything you're working with and explain, in as much detail as possible, exactly what you're working with and exactly what you're trying to do with it.

Right now, no one has any idea what in the world you're asking for.

Level 4
  • Events
  • Player - Player 1 type "train!" like a exact match
  • Actions
  • Player property - Set Current Gold and Lumber to 10000
  • Player property - Set Food cap to 100
  • Unit - Order AncientOfWar to train/upgrade to a Glaive Thrower

EDIT: But i explain it in my first post o.o

"What i want is simples in truth: i want the pc player simply train a unit lost in battle, then, the unit trained go to the same place where the other was guarding the base (and not where it dies... at least it is what 'replace unit' does)"

--> When a unit dies, the computer will train a new unit of the same type. When trained, this new brand unit will go to the place where the old unit was.

... What is so hard to understand in it? oO

EDIT 2: oh yes, and the trigger i post is a trigger i do for test, but the Ancient of War in the variable AncientOfWar (duh) don't do a thing =\

Level 4
Hummm, 'kay
  • Test
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing train! as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Set Player 2 (Blue) Food cap to 300
      • Player - Set Player 2 (Blue) Current gold to 66666
      • Player - Set Player 2 (Blue) Current lumber to 66666
      • Unit - Order AncientOfWar to train/upgrade to a Glaive Thrower (Big)

I was translating because i'm noob. I tried to do 'ctrl+c' bu it don't work, so i never thought in this options :razz:

But so, here is the trigger...

Level 4
Well, i thought in that before and put the Glaive Thrower (big) in the units that the Ancient of War can train...

... but now you talk about a thing i have not see before: the Glaive Thrower (big), that is a custom version of the glaive thrower, YET have the requirement of a HUNTER'S HALL...

... I will remove this and see what happens.

EDIT: YAY! IT WORKS! Duh.... In the end was a thing so simple....

The building is training the unit now, but i want to do the training unit to replace a old unit of the same type that dies

So i want to do a thing like:

"A unit finish training a unit"
so
"Order <training unit> move to <region/point/location(?) of "that old dead unit">"

The only way i see to do this is settings variables for each unit, or anybody know if there is a another method to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.