• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Orcish civil war?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm interested in doing a Warcraft 3 campaign set in the Warcraft universe, and believe I finally came up with a good idea: What if their was a large enough party of Orcs who liked Garrosh as warchief and distrust undead (I'm working under the assumption the queen of the forsaken is warchief now?) enough that they try to secede to form their own nation after the events of Mists of Pandaria. Forgive me if I'm wrong on some lore details, I don't really play WoW and most of my information comes from the wiki. Please correct me if I am.

I write this mainly to gauge interest and clear up a few questions: First of all, ensure I'm not wrong about the lore, secondly; How would the Horde react to a bunch of the Orcs trying to leave? I'm assuming civil war would ensue, but is their anything I should know If I plan to make this? Third: How many creative liberties can I take with the map of Kalimdor, differing it from WoW? I'm considering doing it entirely in the deserts and coast around Gadgetzan, so they'll have to fight pirates as well as the horde, assuming I make it from the rebels perspective, of course.

Anyways, I'd like to get these questions cleared up before I do any custom assets or work towards it.

Level 6
Great Idea !

Well you could make them come back to Lordaeron at the end of the campain, that would be a twist ;)
(Orcs fleed the slavery of humans long time ago before reaching Durotar)
I don't think you need to mention pandaria tho .. because IT DOESN't EXIST ! fucking pandas .. seriously blizzard ???

As for the campagn, that would be a great Idea. don't forget to make them avoid fighting other orcs. I mean civil war ok but orcs are no beasts ^^

Level 21
I'm working under the assumption the queen of the forsaken is warchief now?
Yeah,she is.

How would the Horde react to a bunch of the Orcs trying to leave? I'm assuming civil war would ensue, but is their anything I should know If I plan to make this?
I'd assume they would offer them a chance to surrender,then wage war on them,depending on current affairs.I don't think there is any true way to know how they would react under her rule.I think I do know someone that knows though.... @Razosh

How many creative liberties can I take with the map of Kalimdor, differing it from WoW? I'm considering doing it entirely in the deserts and coast around Gadgetzan, so they'll have to fight pirates as well as the horde, assuming I make it from the rebels perspective, of course.
Not sure exactly

Last edited:
Level 2
Alright! Thanks so much for responding guys!

Molaf: Thanks for the kind words/vote of confidence! I will bear the Orcish culture in mind when making it.

WhiteFang: I hadn't considered that they would (of course) try to end the war with as few casualties as possible. I'll bear that in mind also.

Status
Not open for further replies.