• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Optimal way to take screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Has a good method ever been figured out for taking screenshots in the Editor? Pressing 'Print Screen' is very rough, it grabs only what's not hidden by the UI, and the resulting resolution is disappointing.

There has to be a better way. I say so because you can do some stupid things to let you screenshot more. Like hide the taskbar. Or stretch the editor onto multiple monitors. More than what you can currently see is obviously rendered, so how do you capture it? Seems pretty ridiculous that it's limited by how many monitors you own.
Searching for the solution didn't even reveal me the above tips, which leads me to believe people are doing something different.

Is there a tool that can help? An addon for the Editor? Can the 'HiveWE - World Editor' do it? Is it at least possible to reduce the size of the UI?

I've attached an example of a very good screenshot I've found. 'Advanced -> View Entire Map' was clearly used, but that doesn't explain the excellent resolution (3921x2741).

Attachments

• d78jum1-c77d91f0-3a8a-404e-bd0b-8d04bf00b7e1.png
    d78jum1-c77d91f0-3a8a-404e-bd0b-8d04bf00b7e1.png
    15.4 MB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.