• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

One Piece Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey im working on a game with 'borrowed' blizz terrain (crucible), not because i cant make it myself but because it is more balanced than somthing i can make, and it saves me some time. But aslong as he gives terrain credit and a basic outline of what he took from the stole map IN THE GAME, i dont see why its wrong to take a terrain, if anything itl help spread the other map.
I know i didnt credit blizz in my quest... but comeon who dosnt know that the crucible was made by blizz... and i did credit it in the author section.

The main reason no one was helping you before is because all you posted was 'borrowed' terrain pics, now that you posted the map (if it really is all that different) you might get a better chance of your request being fullfilled, but full model request arnt filled alot... i would help you but im only a basic modeler as of this point and can barely make animations,

Level 2
So you don't want to help me only because i borrowed the terrain from 3rd shinobi wars???
If yes i'll start to create new one but i'm bad at creating terrain so if someone wants to help me please contact me...
And to tell the truth also DreamRaider copied a large part of his map from DotA so i'm not the only..

Level 6
You could tell even if he did copy a large part off of DOTA that it is more unique then dota. The lanes are in the opposite direction, duel spots to the side of the map with the group duels with very good terrian design. I don't see where you see 3rd Shinobi Wars being a large chunk of dota. The terrian is orignal and looks great. People often do their lanes this way to show that they arent copying dota or using the dota template.

Level 2
There aren't one piece models in anime models sticky and i don't understand what you said before...

I dont see it as a theft, the main thing that makes a game playable are the triggers and units, aslong as he didnt steal those. his gameplay should be greatly different. Besides whats the diff in borrowing a terrain and borrowing a model, only difference is the terrain editor is a little more user friendly, but its still hard to make a good/balanced terrain. so why not borrow one if u give credit?

Level 17
Level 6
Well, the japanese like to more unique. That and they have a different culture then us. To fully understand the names they give characters is to understand their culture as a whole which sounds like too much work >.> So you can classify the names as an unsolved mysterey. That and names like Bob and Fred sound boring >.>

Level 2
Hey Deidara not all the models work..
Are you sure that you sent all the file????

Level 5
Make sure you're putting them in right. In my failed FPS project, I had issues with a few models. Also try to stay conscious of File size. Unless you're making a campaign, you need to keep the size under 4 MB to be playable over Internet or LAN, because of the time it takes to DL, Load, and issues with keeping such a huge map going using the game engine. The reason Warcraft uses Hero units and Starcraft uses vast armies is because Warcraft 3 was rendered in 3d, which uses more computer resources than starcraft does in pre-rendered 2d. I'm sure a modern game would be able to handle 6 MB or higher, but let's face it, large maps that are 3+ MB are already hard enough to DL.

Level 2
Zack1996 the abilities you saw are in the oldest map i posted now i have modified them a lot and i have completed 10 characters yet..
I only need icon or skin (i don't know how they are called), models and the trigger for the duel and for join the items...
Can someone help me with those things???

Level 2
Now I restart to create my one piece map from 0..
I always need help with models, animations, triggers, icons and i like also good ideas you have.

For more detail go to onepiecemap.forumfree.net

Level 1
What happened to your one piece map?

I had a similar idea, but for a dungeon crawl type of map.
I have a few ideas actually. One of which is you have to save a random girl character(has to be generic) from Level 6 Impel Down. You can choose from the known pirate crews, marines and characters. My idea is that this going to be a multiplayer, max of 6 or 8.

At the start of the stage, you will choose a character from the navy Battleships parked in from of Impel Down, symbolizing your new arrival to the great prison. Just like in Dota1 where you choose your heroes from Taverns, here you choose from the Battleships.

Then a short story explaining why you are really there to save that girl in Level6. After all that the 6 chosen heroes will start a riot to raid the great prison and save the girl.

Of course, the characters will crawl their way down facing waves and waves of jail guards, prisoners, Blue Gorillas, and boss fights for each level. Once they have reached the lowest level, they need to make their way up back into the entrance and face Magellan in the final showdown before escaping Impel Down.

Similar idea: Almost same setting a dungeon crawl through Enies Lobby. You will now choose your character from the train carts of Puffing Tom. Same idea, going in save the girl and go out and survive the countless waves of Enies Lobby and Marine agents plus boss fight.

Another idea is the War of the Great. Two sides in a death match. Marineford vs Whitebeard pirates. DOTA style. Instead of the World Tree and the Frozen Throne, each team have to destroy the Moby Dick(pirates side) and the Marineford(Marines side)

Status
Not open for further replies.