• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Old School Map Help for an Old School Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Greetings,

With the advent of Reforged, I've been wanting to play maps that are similar to the original content of the Frozen Throne expansion, but I am having difficulty in figuring out the filter system when searching. I am only interested in maps like you might find in the game, itself: up to 12 players (that I play against the computer; no teams), lots of resources, larger maps, regular melee, etc. I am not interested in campaigns, race or game variations, or anything else at the moment. Call me crazy, it's just what I like when I have some free time. Any recommendations on the best way to filter to find some great ones?

Also, I attempted to download a recommendation: Grand Rift Fortress (link below), but receive the error message that I do not have an app associated with this kind of file. I'm not the most computer literate and don't speak the lingo, so can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong in layman's terms?

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Grand Rift Fortress

Level 2
So, you are using Refroged beta and cannot run that map in the link?

No. I am simply trying to play the original game (FT expansion) until the Reforged content is released. I would like to play some of the player-generated maps, but cannot seem to figure out the filters to access what I want, which, again, are "old school" maps that are based on the original content. I'm not a fan of multi-player, alternate races, campaigns, or anything like that. I've downloaded a few maps, but none of them seem to be what I want. Any help?

Level 2
Actually, I just downloaded the original game yesterday. It's fully updated.

Again, I'm just looking for some old-school style maps. Gardens of Zim was an old favorite if I remember correctly: 12 players (=11 computer vs me), lots of terrain, larger map, etc. I just can't figure out the filter settings to get me what I want.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
MapsSearch01.png
MapsSearch02.png

map filter.png

Status
Not open for further replies.