• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Oblivion v0.44

Reactions: deepstrasz

Oblivion Hero Defence

Currently owned by SeaguI/Inflicted

Story/Background

Oblivion has erupted in the in Depths of the Lordorean Courtyard. Defend the Cage that imprisons the Unholy Spirit from the hordes of enemies approaching to set it free.

Map Info

Hero Defence with 5 paths, which can be played by between 1 and 11 players.
Consists of multiple hero types each with unique skill sets.
Multiple items, majority of which are basic items, but there are also combinations that form larger items. There are no recipes involved.
Every kill grants a Soul (seen in Lumber position) which can be used either to train units, upgrade towers or upgrade ghost (revive speed) or the cages defenses/abilities (the objective being protected)

Other Info

This is a fairly old map of mine, which I'm reviving/updating. Therefore there may be some skills that are a little off, or maybe could be improved or remade. If you see such and have an idea of how something could be changed, please comment below and I shall add credit for your suggestions.
Any feedback or criticism would be appreciated.

Type -turnofflane to disable lanes for less than 5 players
or type -solo to disable all except the center lane for single player

Screenshots

213169-albums7024-picture77824.bmp

213169-albums7024-picture77825.bmp

213169-albums7024-picture77826.bmp

Keywords:
Hero Defence, Survival, Team game, Co-op
Contents

Oblivion v0.44 (Map)

Reviews
12:30, 30th Mar 2014 Orcnet: Map is good and has tons of spells and play roles to try out, recommended with friends or co-op.

M

12:30, 30th Mar 2014
Orcnet: Map is good and has tons of spells and play roles to try out, recommended with friends or co-op.

Level 4
You're right, there is only one height level. Suppose I could adjust that slightly to make the terrain feel more alive. Suppose it was meant to feel like an arena. Perhaps walls around would be better. Not too sure. As far as custom models there are none used, there is one custom icon, I'll try look for the name and add it above.

And thanks, if there is anything else I can add to the description besides the credits, then please let me know.

Level 4
It's hard in two players.
Terrain could be better, now it's flat.

Unfortunately this map has not been edited in a very long time, and due to lack of support and low amount of players still playing Warcraft 3, I haven't given it much attention.

If you desire to play it with 2 players, I would recommend using the command -turnofflane to reduce the number of lanes and reduce the difficulty.

Apologies for the terrain, I've never been too great with terrain and haven't had any terrainer to support me with development of this.