• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Not modeling, but combining the model and the texture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
[Unwrapping] - Unwrapping a finished texture on a finished model.

Good people of the Imperium, I need your assistance.

As some of you already know I'm working on my first map and almost everything is completely new to me. I figured many things out on my own, and on several occasions I was helped by members of this site. The tarraining is going pretty well and in a week I hope to either release several screenshots, or hosting the map here (just the tarrain) for preview and remarks.

But I simply cannot figure this out!

For my map I made a model of a building on 3dMax 9 and a texture on photoshop. I know I need to unwrap it now, but when I start reading the tutorial on the subject it's like reading Latin.

So I was wondering if anyone could unwrap it for me?

View attachment CH.max

View attachment Newspaper skin Big.tga

View attachment Newspaper skin Small.tga

Thanks in advance and sorry for the trouble)

Last edited:
Level 2
A glimmer of hope just died. Despite my best efforts can't find any appropriate converter. I'll keep trying though. Maybe I get lucky.

Level 2
Just read up that .max is 3dMax exclusive file. Converters (3d Exploration too) don't work.

So thank you for the effort anyway))

ZIR

ZIR

Level 10
But i can't believe that you can't export the model to any other formats.
Isn't there a export button anywhere in the menus of your 3dsmax, if yes it is enough if you export it to a .3ds file. Then I can import it with milkshape.

ZIR

ZIR

Level 10
The first thing i realize your texture doesn't have a part for the roof it only has a texture for the floor. I assigned the white floor to the house.
Here is a picture.

Attachments

• House.png
    House.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 107
Status
Not open for further replies.