• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No CD Needed for "World of WarCraft:Cataclysm"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
http://gamerant.com/dvd-needed-world-warcraft-cataclysm-cindy-48496/
game-rant-logo2.jpg

Level 22
Please don't poison this place with WoW here. There is a section for it. I also can't open that link anyway if it is just what SC2 also does - you add your key to your acc then there is no key or if it is that you can play without CD wow, amazing progress, war3 had it years ago.

Level 19
Please don't poison this place with WoW here. There is a section for it. I also can't open that link anyway if it is just what SC2 also does - you add your key to your acc then there is no key or if it is that you can play without CD wow, amazing progress, war3 had it years ago.

You missed the point of the entire thread and I assume, from what I can gather from your post, that you didn't read the article either.

Basically what Blizzard said is that in the upcoming expansion, Cataclysm, people can now pre-download the game and instantly jump in when Blizzard turn on the servers.

This is huge because they are now finally officially cutting out the middle man out, which in return increases the money Blizzard makes.

Ingenious business strategy.

Level 19
I couldn't open the link, the page didn't load. Similar/the same was done with SC2 with the option to pre-dl and just activate when you get the game.

Except, as I stated above, the Digital copies will grand the buyer instant access to the servers the moment they're switched on. In SC2 however, Blizzard gave the shops a 8 hour window to sell as many copies as possible in each of their respective regions. This is highly unlike Blizzard and will be controversial since it officially cuts out the shops and destroys their revenue boom.

The devils in the details.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The title caught me out...
No CD Needed for "World of WarCraft:Cataclysm"
I first thought you needed some sort of crack for the game lol. I feel very old now... Especially since games no longer need CDs to start nor is the game in question even released or playable unless you buy it.

Anyway, this is good news, I guess, for WoW players as it will let them pre update their client overnight allowing them to play pretty much as soon as they have the time to. However it is prety logical that this would happen as there is no reason for it to not nowdays so I do not know whats so special about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.