My envisionment of a lightly armored melee sentinel, along with the typical glaives. Originally thought for cinematics and campaign screens, here I tried to animate it as a unit.
The model uses mostly in-game textures but also requires a custom texture made by me to represent silvery armor decorations.
All animation sequences are free-hand except the Death animation, which was imported and adapted from the Lasher
made by Tarrasque
The portrait is an edited version of the basic Sylvanas's.
Credits to: Tarrasque
Special thanks to the many users who gave me precious feedback and very valuable counsel regarding animation: @Alethos, @Himperion , @FerSZ , @Tauer , and @Direfury in particular.
Thanks to Nightelfbuilder for making an icon!
1. changed decorations layer from transparent to blend for better visibility. Thanks to Alethos!
2. due to the duplicated bundling of the custom texture for both unit and portrait models, which uselessly inflated the filesize, the portrait has been incorporated into the unit model. Moreover, the small clipping issue during Walk has been solved. In addition, the TC variant added in a post below among other comments has been updated (https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/sentinellltc-mdx.292155/
) (the TC version still needs the custom texture, that can be found in the main bundle, to be imported without "war3mapImported\" to work properly
). Finally, optimization allowed for texture filesize reduction, but for those interested in the higher-filesize, older texture, it can be found in the comments below (https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/decorationsa512x512-blp.291827/
3. solved clipping issue in Stand - 1. Lightly tweaked Attack - 1. Updates extended to the TC version. Thanks @Pr0nogo !
4. reverting to the old, larger filesize texture for now.
5. february, 2019 - thanks to XGM user 8gabriel8 (Пользователь 8gabriel8 - XGM: eXtreme Gamedev & Modmaking
) this model can now use a newly optimized decorations texture that spares over 75% of the filesize. Updating the model to use that texture.